Why no exterior body color for Bighorn?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Over on the Big Country forum, they are all raving about the new exterior body color scheme. Including the Big Country brand mgr saying there is a new pecking order.
With Bighorn having been basically next in line to Landmark, why hasn't the full body paint scheme been made available for it? ( Other than Titanium)

Or, is there something afoot we should know about? Like maybe a new focus at HL?

I hope not, because we love our Bighorn.
I even looked at two different brand new Landmarks recently and didn't like either one better than our BH. (except for the full body paint option offered with the LM) Trace

Last edited:

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I can only speak for myself but we never really considered the "pecking order" people speak of when looking at the Heartland products but rather purchased the rig that we could afford, fit our needs both aesthetically and ergonomically from a company we had some confidence in.

The Bighorn is very popular and a great coach for a reason. No doubt it will be around for a long time.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Back in the 'old days' it was the Sundance, Big Country, Big Horn and then Landmark in the order of bottom to top in features and amenities. Now they are all so equal why spend the extra money on a Landmark when you can get almost the same things in the Big Country. The differences between the different models are so fuzzy they might as well only have one model with many different floor plans and options. My 3 cents worth.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We were at the Camping World in Dothan, AL and they had a Landmark there with the NEW FULL BODY Paint and it looked great. Even the DW said she would have went with that paint!

Paul & Nan

Sorry Jim, still see a big difference in overall quality of the interior between BigCountry and BigHorn. JMHOP Nan

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We are seriously thinking of getting a BH would like to see pics of a BH with full body paint. Saw a Landmark the other day with the full body paint and I like the brown tones.

TandT

letourno,
The Titanium is the only one I have seen with paint. Would it be possible to post some pictures of a regular Bighorn with paint? Thanks Trace

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Trace, I think you can get the full body paint. I also think its a 10K option.

Heck, you could probably get some gang-banger out of Da Hood to do it for $100, a bag of "goodies", and a couple cans of spray paint. It might not be pretty, but it would sure be "custom.":D

branson4020

Icantre Member
Can you just order a BH or LM without decals and have your own custom paint job done after delivery? Some of you out there must remember the Luv Shack?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I always wondered about one of those wraps. How long would it hold up? And then you could just change it out for the same or go with another design.

letourno

Quebec Chapter Leader-retired

ihsolutions

Sorry Jim, still see a big difference in overall quality of the interior between BigCountry and BigHorn. JMHOP Nan

I have a Big Horn, but have been on the factory tour several times now and am wondering if you can give some specifics in the quality difference you mention. Both rigs use the same carpet, construction method, etc. I remember something about BC having composite wood in parts of the cabinetry (not the doors though), but other than that I can't point to any real differences.

I ask this not to start a debate but because we are considering a new rig in the next year, and with the addition of hydraulic landing gear and the tan color, BC is now at the top of our list.

TandT

Last edited:

Westwind

Probably another unwritten option. Or the dealer has a deal worked out to have full paint his orders, must go through the Landmark paint shop.
I really don't think I would cough up $10K for that. Maybe if I had money to burn.