Washing the Bighorn at the Blue Beacon may be a problem?

I done it twice and they do a nice job. I'm a little concerned with the decals and how well they stay stuck to the RV. I asked Blue Beacon and others but no one is willing to comment. They claim to be capable of washing RV's. But not comment on the decals.

I assume that means its a problem. Anyone loosen up there decals?

caissiel

I never use HP pumps to wash my RV's and use mild soap so as not to cause any problem. The decals are perfect and much better then my friends SOB's that are all bubbling up. I have heard of so many bad stories so I wash it myself.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's a workout, but washing it by hand (soft brush in hand, that is) is also how I do it. That includes the roof and awning. I'll draw the line at playing "Karate Kid" and hand paste waxing the whole thing, though. I use a liquid RV Wash & Wax mixed in the bucket of water, rinse and air dry, and it looks good enough for my trifocals. I'll usually do the job twice over the summer season.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I had mine washed at a Blue Beacon and asked for no chemicals to be used and to have the Rain-X rinse. Looks good!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I've gotten "soap only" washes a couple of times, with no noticeable problems. My back really likes me alot better than when I do it.

goodtruck

Over the years seeing what the chemicals at Blue Beacon as well as other truck wash locations do to the finish of my truck I only wash our unit by hand.I use a soft brush and gel cote friendly soap.I also do the rubber roof treatment at the same time twice a year.It may be a little labor intense but the satisfaction of knowing that this way the finish will last for quite a long time is worth it.

TandT

Over the years seeing what the chemicals at Blue Beacon as well as other truck wash locations do to the finish of my truck I only wash our unit by hand.I use a soft brush and gel cote friendly soap.I also do the rubber roof treatment at the same time twice a year.It may be a little labor intense but the satisfaction of knowing that this way the finish will last for quite a long time is worth it.

There was an employee (forum member) from Blue Beacon on a thread here a few months ago. They said, if you say "soap only, no chemicals", that is what they will give you. I have done that with no problems. For $35 bucks, you can't beat it.

Trace, I wqas also thinking about the decals, do you think they "go lightly" on them? I'm thinking they could probably peel a decal with their high pressure wand?

TandT

Trace, I wqas also thinking about the decals, do you think they "go lightly" on them? I'm thinking they could probably peel a decal with their high pressure wand?

I ask them to go lightly on everything, including the slide seals. In other words, don't try to blast the dirt off, wet it down, scrub it with suds and rinse it lightly. It's worked so far.

Westwind

Always wondered about that, had to look Blue Beacon up since I didn't know what it was, figured a wash facility of some kind. Now I know where they are located on I95, just might do it this year once I get to Florida, there is one at Ft Pierce, Florida where we stay for a couple of weeks.
I don't mind doing it, good exercise. Bought a long soft brush on a collapseable handle that will handle the 5th Wheel cheap a few years ago.

DW_Gray

I've used Blue Beacon at least 4 times now and I've haven't encountered any problem yet. The last time I had it washed I had them add Rain-X. I've also washed it myself a few times with my pressure washer. My decals are fine. Considering my rig is 41 feet plus the truck, ~$40.00 at Blue Beacon is worth it.

trvlrerik

I work for Blue Beacon (building and maintaining facilities) and wash my Cyclone several times a month. I ask for the straight wash (no brightener) and I have Rain X applied once a month. After driving in bug season they will need to brush the front cap to remove bug debris fully. My rig still looks like new with no isssues in regard to the stickers peeling off.

The bay attendants are well trained in regard to washing RVs and are aware of keeping high pressure wands away from surfaces that may be damaged (speakers, awnings, ect.). If you have any concerns at all please tell the supervisor (the person that guides you in) and they will help you. If you have stickers that are peeling or cracked point these out prior to your wash as the pressure will take off anything not well secured and they will "stay off" of those areas.

If it sounds like I am "tooting" Blue Beacons horn, I am. I have been working for this family owned company for 18 years. They have built the business based on customer service as job #1, if you are not happy with the wash, tell them about it, they will fix it for you. They know you have spent a lot of money on your RV, you are spending money to maintain it, and they are happy you chose them to care for you rig. That is the reason Blue Beacon has remained successful through these tough economic times, and continues to grow.

tonyl

titanium5er
I have used Blue Beacon several times and I have also used Eagle. I use the standard wash and they have done an excellent job. I have never had an issue with Decals or any other component. I will continue to use them.