3/4 inch Wide Gap Between Roof Panels

Jett

Scott,

I just noticed there is a 3/4 inch wide gap between two of the roof panels on my 3210. I guess I hadn't noticed it earlier because the rubber roof was stretched tightly enough that it covered the gap. The rubber roof has now started to sag approximately 1/2 inch deep into the gap, so it is very visible. The gap is approximately 4 feet from the front edge of the roof and extends all the way from one side of the roof to the other. All of the other panels on the roof seem to fit together very tightly since I can't feel any of them through the rubber roof material.

I assume this is a significant problem that will require extensive rework to make right. Can you confirm?

Jett

Forrest Fetherolf

Jett,

3/4" gap in the plywood roof is excessive. I am a general contractor in CA, the industry standard is 1/8" spacing to allow for expansion and contraction of plywood roof sheathing and wood siding.
A gap that large could cause the rubber roof covering to wear through on the rough plywood edges, in addition it doesn't look nice. I would be concerned that the 10 year roof warranty might be voided due to this installation if not corrected.

Forrest

Scott

Get with your dealer, who will take some digital photos and send them to our customer service department who will direct any repairs from there. Yes, a half inch is excessive. But no, it will not take "extensive rework" to make right. There are a few ways to accomplish that repair and since it is close to one end of the roof, it makes it easier to peel back.
ST

Jett

Update -- The factory has contacted us by email and phone on Friday and today regarding the problems we've had with our Cyclone and the selling dealer. They are definitely making a serious effort to make us happy.

jpmorgan37

Jett;

Glad that you're getting support from Scott and the factory. I don't expect anything less from them. They have been outstanding with their customer service. Keep us posted on your roof.

John