Shower faucet

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If it's anything like ours was, it's the angle of the fixture face and maybe even to allow the hose to reach higher? Just my thinking here. I reversed ours and just changed the caps on the knobs designating Hot & Cold. Easy to do. The problem for ours now is water will sit in the knobs and begin to get black with mold. I drilled little drain holes in the knobs to reduce this issue.

rebootsemi

Is there a reason that the shower faucet in our 3100RK is mounted upside down?

Our SD 3000RK is the same way, probably Ray is correct saying it is so you can reach higher with the wand so of this stuff really makes you scratch your head with big question mark floating about your head like a cartoon. After a yr and a half the hose is starting to kink, so I am going to turn the thing over. Even with the hose down you have plenty to reach.

57chevyconvt

I asked the same question of the dealer where we bought the BH and he in turn asked the factory, the reply was that is the way we always do it. The shower hose is badly kinked and will probably fail in the near future.

rebootsemi

I asked the same question of the dealer where we bought the BH and he in turn asked the factory, the reply was that is the way we always do it. The shower hose is badly kinked and will probably fail in the near future.

I just love that answer "that is the way we always do it" got the same answer when asking why they still put a check valve in the outlet of the HW heater. I've turned our shower faucet over and it works just fine and will probably save the hose.

TedS

Turning the faucet over is on my list of things to do. Put less stress on the hose; hanging down is natural drop for the hose instead of forced bend from the top of the faucet. The response 'that's the way we always do it' drives me nuts.
The check valve in the water heater outlet is part of the winterizing bypass valving.

rebootsemi

Turning the faucet over is on my list of things to do. Put less stress on the hose; hanging down is natural drop for the hose instead of forced bend from the top of the faucet. The response 'that's the way we always do it' drives me nuts.
The check valve in the water heater outlet is part of the winterizing bypass valving.

According to Suburban WH co. if you have the 3 valve system the check valve is a waste of time and money, according to them the old systems only used two valves so the check valve was needed. I took mine out and everything works just fine, I took it out before it broke out, cheap plastic piece.

Moose

Australian export model?

J/K

When you say upside down are you meaning the hose comes out of the top of the fawcet set rather than the bottom?

twohappycampers

Australian export model?

J/K

When you say upside down are you meaning the hose comes out of the top of the fawcet set rather than the bottom?

Now I know what was kind of bugging me about the faucets in the shower, they sure look upside down to me, that hose should be coming out the bottom, shouldn't it? I'll only mention this to Hubby some time when he's really really bored and looking as though he's just itching to tackle yet another project. :D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And all this time I've been living in ignorant bliss. It never concerned me that the shower hose came out of the top, rather than the bottom of the fixture...until now. Hide the guns, honey, I think I might kill myself.

tonyl

titanium5er
They are not mounted upside down, they are designed this way. If you take one apart you will see that the red or hotwater cartridge is on the left hand side. They are also designed that when you turn them on the handles would be pointing downward. If you reverse it, the handles will be pointed upwards. Every RV that I have ever seen has them installed this way.

twohappycampers

They are not mounted upside down, they are designed this way. If you take one apart you will see that the red or hotwater cartridge is on the left hand side. They are also designed that when you turn them on the handles would be pointing downward. If you reverse it, the handles will be pointed upwards. Every RV that I have ever seen has them installed this way.

That is good to know!:) And JohnDar YOU'RE FUNNY :D

rick_debbie_gallant

That is good to know!:) And JohnDar YOU'RE FUNNY :D

TPTWISI: With the original setup, if you throw something into the shower (that is where we keep our laundry basket) and you hit the shower levers, they get turned on and things get soaked. Plus if you bump them while taking a shower better get ready for a shock. I am going to change mine around so that I have the Aussi style of shower.

scotty

My shower was leaking :(and it appeared to me that with hose facing up that may have been the area. So I flipped it over. As it turned it it was the little round access panel that was leaking and letting water run in behind the faucet. Anyway have never regretted it and it works fine:cool:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
TPTWISI: With the original setup, if you throw something into the shower (that is where we keep our laundry basket) and you hit the shower levers, they get turned on and things get soaked. Plus if you bump them while taking a shower better get ready for a shock. I am going to change mine around so that I have the Aussi style of shower.

Laundry bags (his & hers) in closet on the floor. Wash cloths on suction hooks not over the handles. Don't own enough real estate to bump into the handles while showering. The little seat keeps me far enough away.

rick_debbie_gallant

Laundry bags (his & hers) in closet on the floor. Wash cloths on suction hooks not over the handles. Don't own enough real estate to bump into the handles while showering. The little seat keeps me far enough away.

I guess I have enough real estate for both of us then. Dont know how many times I have bumped them handles while showering only to have the water suddenly turn either hot or cold. Talk about ruining a good shower.