Winter Cover

I live in southern Ontario. And we get some snow. Not all winter , we get snow and then a thaw cycle . Thinking about getting a cover but will snow on top hurt anything ?

irvin56

we get a lot of snow in calgary and southern alta. I have never covered any rv I have owed. never had a problem. I always go onto roof in fall, in storage, and check for any problems. If any I would fix for winter(my old trailer). I always put my stabs down and tight for winter. helps with the weight being not on just my axles. been doing this for 35+ yrs. I also leave the trailer unlevel sideways(2-3 inchs) and front to back by a couple inchs off level also. This helps to run off an heavy snow as it thaws and freezes again.

I have seen first hand of some damages done by covers not tight and wind gets in under it and wears the roof edges and damages other parts of roof vents.
Others do it and don't really have any problems.

Do a search on the forum for trailer covers and see some of their replys

Bri

We bought a Classic "Deluxe Poly Pro II" cover for our 25' TT back in 2008. It's the gray one with the white top it has CLASSIC printed on the front of it. It's a cheaper model, it started to break down significantly after the 2nd year. I patched it up for the 3rd year then bought an Anco Designer Series Tyvek model. This second cover is much better. After the first winter there were absolutely no visible signs of wear. It is thicker (3 ply vs 2 ply) and feels softer. It is sewn together much better. All the seams are reinforced. Also, in my opinion, the sun is just as damaging as the rain/snow. The sun over time detiorates everything. So I cover our trailer all year long.
Really shop around for a cover if you buy one, prices can vary greatly. And tie it down tightly. I had no problems after covering out last trailer for the better part of the 4+ years we owned it. We just took delivery on a 2011 North Country 22RBQ and I have the cover on it right now.

Do you tie it down with just the straps or with something else ? Just scared its gonna rub on the gel coat. Also do you put styrafoam around antennas or gutter spouts ? My size at camping world was 419 and free shipping. Haven't looked in Canada for it yet.