Springs ???

Handy

A Florida camper
Has anyone with Bighorns had any problems with there Mor/Ryde springs or there leaf springs. I was told by the Mor/Ryde rep that the leaf spring bushings are short lived and it is best to replace them with a wet bolt kit. Maybe there will be someone at rally that we could get a part number for this kit.

Uncle Rog

Handy, not sure what you are talking about, could you explain a little or post a picture? I need to align my OD side springs after the blowout and am a little concerned......thanks

Uncle Rog

No failure on my rig, as I said the OD rear is not perfectly aligned any more. We tried to squeeze them back when changing out the tires to no avail. The "clips" holding them in alignment have failed and I am considering using a heavy hose clamp to move it the next time, although it doesn't seem to want to move around much?

svd

I haven't had a failure, but I did install brass bushings and a wet kit this weekend as part of the equa-flex system. The stock bushings were plastic, and worn out with only a couple thousand miles.

ct0218

Changing to greasable bronze bushings was on my list for next year before we head to Alaska.I did the conversion on my prev trailer, a little pricey as I remember, and I think I got the parts from Dexter. I checked their website and I don't see it listed anymore. I just tried a quick search and found lowcosttrailerparts.com had the bolts but did not show the bushings. Maybe a Google search will turn up a supplier. Edited: I just remembered I had to replace the equalizer also, so I went back to the Dexter site and they do have the HD suspension upgrade kit available. That has all you need if you have the standard suspension system. I don't think it will work with my Mor-ryde setup though unless I can buy the whole system and discard the equalizer!

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

Clark;

I have the greasable bushings on my GC with Dexter axles and MorRyde suspension. Your dealer should be able to get them for you. I'm not sure what the bushing material is. I know that some of the speciality shops are getting away from bronze bushings and going to urethane, which seems to hold up longer under rough use. Here is one source, if you send them measurements: http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/greasebushings.htm

Good Luck,

John

ct0218

John
Yours came from the factory with zerk fittings on the bolts? I don't remember seeing them on mine so I'll have to check next week when I'm back in Tallahassee. Also, I don't remember if I looked before or after Lippert & Dexter replaced my axles. Sure would be nice if they were and I just overlooked them.

jpmorgan37

Clark;

Yes, they came that way. I don't know if it made a difference or not but I have the 3 3/4 inch brakes and never lube hubs. That shouldn't have any affect on the MorRyde RE suspension which was standard on my GC.

John

ct0218

John
Yes, my Mt Rushmore has the oversize brakes and Never-Lube hubs also. I just have a funny feeling that when they switched out my 7K axles for the 8K I ended up w/o the wet bolts. I know I looked for them once and didn't see them, just can't remember when I looked. It's **** getting old and not being able to remember! Thanks, CT

svd

I don't believe the Trailair site has been updated to show the Equa-Flex system. I have read about the system on other forums, and it has been advertised in Trailer Life magazine for some time.

When I called to inquire about the system (about the time Lippert purchased Trailair) I was given a price well over $350 for the basic system. I called back in April, and the price is now $210, $46 more for the wet kit, and I think around $30 to ship. If you search "Equa-Flex" you will a number of articles.

After removing the old system and bushings, I am glad I made the upgrade. Won't try it out until this weekend.