Water Fixture Shut-Offs

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
This may be a bit petty but I think it would be very convenient to have shut offs under the countertops to make it easier to do maintenance on fixtures. I know, all we have to do is go out and shut off the water, but, convenience is my main reason. A person could shut off a valve to dissassemble a fixture before going after parts and still have water at other fixtures. A simple ball valve like those in the main pump area in the basement would work.

Pulltab

Ray, it would be nice. I upgrade mine using the pex fittings, you can buy a 1/2" with shut off and it takes about a minute to install. Cut the line and remove about 2" of it and snap the fitting right back in. Good tight leakless seal. Fittings are about $6 ea.

Pulltab

You know, I think I may have mislead you as I tried to find an online supplier and when I looked up pex that is not the fitting I use. I will find out what kind it is and list it for you. These are white plastic with a nut on each end and there is a nipple on each end of the fitting, you just slip the tubing up onto the fitting and tighten the nut and all is sealed. I will find out the name and let you know.

Uncle Rog

Thank you gent's, the only valves I have found are metal and more weight than I wanted to add to the plastic lines......

Ray LeTourneau

Thanks for all the replies. I looked at some valves at our local highway robbery outlet here in Coloma. $12.00 each. I'll be checking around Lowes and Home D. See y'all soon!!!

Pulltab

Ray LeTourneau said:
Thanks for all the replies. I looked at some valves at our local highway robbery outlet here in Coloma. $12.00 each. I'll be checking around Lowes and Home D. See y'all soon!!!

True enough! When I walk into our hardware store I feel like asking them where the gun and mask is when they tell me how much it is! :)
I said to the owner one day "Man is that thing gold plated?" he replied, "not as much as you thought it would be huh!" :rolleyes:

Ray LeTourneau

The valves at Menards ar $8. Looks like another project in the making soon. I bought plumbers tape (metal coiled strap) at Ace for 99 cents. Same size at our local guy, $4.19, unbelievable.