New Member and Introduction

Tool958

Wanted to introduce my wife Sheila and myself Don. I've camped most of my life through Boyscouts and my parents. Sheila and I have camped together basicly since we got married almost 28 years ago. We started out in tents. We did a lot of primitive camping and decided to try pop-ups. Our first one was an old green and white Apache. Then we went to a little bigger Starcraft pop-up. Our next camper was a Rockwood Roo hybrid. It was better than the pop-ups but was still very hard to heat in colder weather. Our last camper was a Keystone Cougar 29RLS. It was nicer, but we had several problems with it. They were all fixable, but should have been taken care of at the factory before it was sold.

We've had our 2012 Cyclone 3010 HD for almost a month. We got to try it out a couple of weeks ago. Wow what a difference! It's actually got a closet you can hang clothes in. It's very nice with all the bells and whistles.
Haven't tried the toyhauler out yet. We've traveled a lot on our bikes and wanted to try the luxury of not having to travel in all kinds of weather by having the toyhauler. Hope to take the bikes somewhere south soon, at least down into Tennessee somewhere. We got it with the thought in mind of going to Florida in the winter so we can see our daughter, grandson and son-in-law after I retire. We figure that's the only way we'll really get to know our grandson.

We've traveled quite a bit with our campers. Haven't been out west yet, so we are seriously thinking of attending the Heartland National next year. Hope to get to meet many of the like minded people on this forum who enjoy camping as much as us.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
If you want to meet people who enjoy camping as much as you do - you've come to the right place! Welcome to the family and hope you get to enjoy you Cyclone as much as we enjoy our Bighorn. By all means join the owners club and begin signing up for some rallies. That's where the fun really begins! Good luck and hope to meet you on the road!

jnbhobe

Tool958; jump right in and get started, there is the Missouri rally next weekend in Branson. Its a good one to go to lots to do in Branson.

Tool958

Tool958; jump right in and get started, there is the Missouri rally next weekend in Branson. Its a good one to go to lots to do in Branson.
Wish we could make it to Branson. Have to work for the next couple of weeks with no time off. We've been within 40 miles of Branson several times, but have yet to make it there.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget the IL chapter rally next year. I hear it might be up near Lena. Previously was held in Springfield, actually Chatham.
See you there.

Peace
Dave

Tool958

Don't forget the IL chapter rally next year. I hear it might be up near Lena. Previously was held in Springfield, actually Chatham.
See you there.

Peace
Dave
Will definately keep it in mind. My biggest problem is work and trying to schedule off for anything. I can't rely on getting my days off. Really looking forward to retirement. Wouldn't know what it's like to actually be able to plan my life out and do the things I wan't when I want.