Building A Garage

Rodbuster

Good morning,
I've decided to put up a steel building to put the Key Largo in. I'm looking at a 32 wide by 50 long. Two roll-up doors...one 14 X 14 and the other 10 X 10. Installing 2 inch insulation on the ceiling only. I will have a 50 amp recepticle inside the building.

I'm looking for any ideas or tips from others that have similar garages.

Thank you
Rodbuster

davebennington

That sounds like a nice garage for your rig. If you can I would install a water outlet and a sewer dump for convince, if you have a concrete floor put in a couple of drains so you can wash in side. Good luck with your project.

Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As long as you're spending your hard earned cash, how about an in floor hot water circulating heat system. Pretty simple with a hot water heater and a circulating pump. This is assuming you're doing a concrete floor. This may not do much to heat the building but will certainly help with dampness.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Since you really don't need the heat you could use a good water heater to heat the in-floor heating system.

Bighurt

I think you'll get a varied opinion, if you expand on the buildings use. Unless RV Storage is the only intent.

cableman

My old garage had the radiant in floor heat and was the best money I ever spent. Being in Florida, Probably won't need the heat.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Recessed florescent lighting... lots of lighting. I put 10) 2'x4' four light panels in mine and wish I had more. After doing some research I decided to use copper for my air lines.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Satellite hookup (just in case you or company need to stay in it for whatever reason), drop-down air hose from compressor, and at least two outlets on each wall, 15 feet from each end. Good luck! Should really turn out nice. Pictures appreciated upon completion!:)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
When he gets done with it, he will have more in it than he paid for his Key Largo. ;)