EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebennington

Re: EVENT: Heartland Southeast Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

Terrell,

Happy to see that you are going to be at Pine Mountain. Thanks for the PM.

I added you to the list of attendees.

d.

davebennington

We are at the Pine Mountain, Ga campground the site of the Southeastern Rally to try to tie up a few loose ends and make sure everything is in place and ready for the rally. The folks at the campground have done an excellent job in getting ready for us.

Yesterday we went to FDR's Little White House but it was too late to do the tour, we will go back today and also try to visit Callaway Gardens before moving on to Tampa for the RV show.

d.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
As Dave said, we stopped off at Pine Mountain on the way down to Tampa after spending New Years at MB. Had a great time with some of my favorite people! Got a new coffee pot (thanks, Gus and Debra) and visited with some old friends from the area. SOB's bless their hearts!

Anyway, I'm glad we came over here from MB. It really is a lovely campground! The sites are large and flat and pull-thru with concrete pads. There is a salt-water pool and a spa and a huge kiddie pool with one of those water umbrellas. Wish it was warmer (make that a lot warmer) so I could get in it. I've always wanted to try a salt-water pool. For small children there are swings and slides. For fur kids there are two "bark parks".

The activity building where we will will be having our pot luck is huge and one of the best I have seen. It is a temperature controlled metal building with garage doors on two sides, so we can be indoors if it's cold and outdoors if it's warm. There is a kitchen, a/c and heaters.

Pine Mountain is not really in what I would call mountains, NOT AT ALL like Cherokee, thank goodness! It's an easy drive, mostly on interstates, and the campground is easy in, easy out.

Got to wash dishes, Randy and Santha are coming by and we are going to explore. More on that later.

davebennington

We had a pleasant visit yesterday, Randy and Santha (Ga Chapter Leaders) stopped by the campground, We spent the day at FDR's Little White House in Warm Springs, GA. This would be a good place to tour during the rally in May.
Lunch at a local restaurant was not as good as one of the locals said it was going to be.

However all in all it was a good day spent with friends and very educational.

d.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
It was great to see Dave & Julie on Saturday and spend the day with them. As David said it was good to
have friends because the food was not that good. Ask us at the rally about the name.
We registered and will be in 107. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

ATLJOHN

Re: EVENT: Heartland Southeast Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

Sorry Dave we cannot make this rally. Wish we could because we had such a great time last years rally.

brauch

Camping Wife

Hi Dave.....We are mapping out our rally calendar and hope to be able to attend this regional rally. Will let you know soon.
Happy New Year to you and Julie.

hillsonwheels

Dave,

The Hills will arrive at Pine Mountain on 3 May and depart on 7 May. Our site is #106. Good to see you to in FL. Hope all goes well before the S.E. rally. Safe trippin'!!!

Dick

davebennington

Dick,

Happy to hear that you will be joining us.

I was on the phone with Callaway Gardens folks yesterday getting updated on some of the things they have to offer. I will post an update later as to what is available and how much they will cost us.

d.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Dave, Dick Hill is kind of a problem when He goes anywhere. Reta is the saving grace in that marriage.
Just tellin like it is. We still kind of like him. Did I say that? Randy, Santha and the Poodles

davebennington

Randy,

I understand Dick can be a problem child, but we do put up with him because Reta is so nice. LOL

d.

jbeletti

Randy,I understand Dick can be a problem child, but we do put up with him because Reta is so nice. LOLd.
That, and his peppers are awesome!We love you Dick - you know that :)

davebennington

Here are a couple of updates from Callaway Gardens, If you are active or retired military admission is free and everyone in the vehicle is admitted free.

I have identified several things that maybe of interest to the folks that are planning to attend the rally and then go to Callaway Gardens.

First: Golf
The green for the Mountain View course are $100.00,per person plus tax Golf Cart included.
and for the Lake View course they are $80.00,per person plus tax Golf Cart included.
Military does get a 40% discount on their golf. Tee times must be made in advance.

Second:
Fishing

The fishing at Callaway Gardens is great and a fishing license is NOT required.
For anyone who is interested they have a fly fishing class and the cost for half day,
class is $195.00 for 2 people. There is a full day of class is $295.00 for 2 people.
If you are interested in the fly fishing class let me know as they need a 2 to 3 week notice.

Third:
They have a tree top adventure. Tree Top Adventure Rates: 1-9 people $33.10, 10-16 people $ 27.75, 17- or more people $24.54 Prior reservations required.

Bike rentals: $40.00 deposit, Half Day $21.40 plus tax, Full day $37.45 plus tax, Military does get a 25% discount.

For the folks who do not wish to visit Calaway Gardens FDR's Little White House is not very far away and it to is a pleasant place to see.

davebennington

For anyone planning to go to Callaway Gardens and participate in any of the events I need to know so I can make reservations. Email or PM me with your interests.

Any one who would like to go to FDR's little White House reservations are not required.

dave

brauch

Camping Wife

Reservations are made.
As of now, we are scheduled to arrive on Thursday 5/3 (may change to 5/2) and stay until Monday 5/7...site #122.

davebennington

Ed and Barbara,

Glad you can make it to the rally. I believe it will be a good one.

dave

Rodbuster

We just made our reservations at Pine Mountain. This will be our very first rally and are really looking forward to it. We will be in site #134.

Fran & Dick Bernard
New Smyrna Beach, FL
HOC #2074

Last edited:

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

We are following the Hill's and the peppers (not to mention sausage gravy) so we aim to be there. Will arrive 5/4 and specific site was not given. Sure am glad that we depend on a calendar 'cause otherwise I wouldn't know where I'm supposed to be.:confused: Sure sign of getting older.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.