SILVERADO by BIGHORN???? Can someone enlighten me?

Theresau

Re: Silverado by Big Horn

Not crazy about Heartland doing this - reminds me of SE versions - can impact overall value of full Bighorns' resale value if a downgraded version is available. Not sure why other lower priced Heartland models didn't fit the bill for Heartland so the integrity of the Bighorn remained.

Theresau

Re: Silverado by Big Horn

Now that I saw a picture of one of these, I'm even more upset - very cheapened model - the brand should mean something/represent the luxury level. There are less graphics on the outside, the refrigerator is plain in front, bench dinette...........I could go on. I chose the Bighorn for the luxury level it represented. I saw one in a lot and decided it had the level we were looking for - didn't really feel we needed the level of luxury the Landmark has - we then felt comfortable ordering a floorplan without seeing it in person.

Now there could be differing levels for a Bighorn in one lot.....

I ran into this when we purchased our Pilgrim TT in 2005. There was an "SE" next to a full Pilgrim model. The salesperson didn't elaborate that these were actually different..it took me quite a few times looking at the two and investigating further to determine on my own that they were different (and actually it was my grandson that noted that the front cap was a fiberglass cap in the full Pilgrim). I wanted the full Pilgrim and had to be sure that they ordered as such. However, many of the differences weren't that obvious - for example, the SE had 13.5K AC and the full had 15K AC. The SE had a smaller refrigerator, etc. The salesman tried to talk me into purchasing the SE model giving reasons such as I probably didn't really need 15K AC.

When we went to sell it, we then had to indicate that we had a full Pilgrim and not an SE. I strongly feel this impacted the value then because it was like we had ordered "extras" that just didn't hold their value rather than ordering a "Pilgrim" that had these as a standard.

Regards,
Theresa

GOTTOYS

Re: Silverador by Big Horn

According to the specs I read, the Silverado has way less insulation in the floor and roof, has no fiberglass rear cap just a flat cap and is somewhat stripped down. I don't see much difference between it and the Elk Ridge line at all. I can understand their thinking. It's a similar model to the Montana Mountaineer. Montana sells what are several different models all under the Montana heading. This in turn makes the "Montana" brand the best seller based on the numbers..even though they aren't all "Montanas" as we know them. It's all about numbers...Don

jnbhobe

We seen one while at the NY rally this weekend. It is by no means a true Bighorn, interior walls are flimsy, compartment doors are cheap and not very well fitted. Heartland sent this unit to Wilkins RV for there outdoor show.

pegmikef

Well, I am going to have to see one because we really like the smaller one's floor plan and length. I won't necessarily be comparing it to a bighon, because I hav e a North Trail . . . of course the price is a consideration too. The Exploreusa dealer in Canton said he had them on order, but did not expect any until sometime in November, so we're waiting.