SILVERADO by BIGHORN???? Can someone enlighten me?

L8APXER

I have been looking at the web site for some time now, just about had our new model selected, but now an entire new line is up!!! Are there more coming?

jimtoo

Hi L8APXER,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Can you elaborate a little more on where you found this information? I have not seen or heard anything about it and was just looking the Heartland RVs web site and saw nothing about it. If you have a link to anything please post it.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully you become a member of our Heartland Family.

Jim M

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We saw a Silverado model of the Bighorn at the Hershey show. It had bunk beds and they sold well at the show. I've noticed a couple of other new floorplans in the Bighorn line including a new front living room.

ihsolutions

I saw one of these while walking around the lot at the plant a few weeks ago. Now, having read the press release, this new line seems somewhat redundant with the Elkridge.

I suspect the end result might be that the "Bighorn" name becomes the number 1 selling 5th wheel, since it will be effectively crossing over multiple price point ranges.

jimtoo

It's weird,,,I can get to it with your link,,, but not any other way. Maybe their working on the site.... Oh well... another new one.. good looking rig.. Thanks for the update... I am always the last to find anything out. My oldest son was 12-18 hours old before I even knew he was here....:) but that's been 49 years ago,,, before cell phones..:)

Jim M

irvin56

I am always the last to find anything out. My oldest son was 12-18 hours old before I even knew he was here....:) but that's been 49 years ago,,, before cell phones..:)

Jim M

I still can not stop smilin about your quote, that's one I will remember for a while

sgtbigb

Silverado by Big Horn

Notice on Heartland web site there is a new cat call Silverador by Big Horn. Whats new? more are less?:eek:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Re: Silverador by Big Horn

When we were at the Hershey RV Show the Silverado was a big seller for Heartland! It is an entry level bunkhouse model and is a nice addition to the Bighorn lineup.

L8APXER

Asked the same thing here: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26938-SILVERADO-by-BIGHORN-Can-someone-enlighten-me

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Looks like it fits in between the regular Bighorn and a Big Country maybe? I don't know.
I just hope HL doesn't start spreading themselves too thin, with too many different models.
Maybe these three new Silverado's are fitting in to replace the 3 models of BH that were discontinued?? My two cents/ Trace

caissiel

Was looking at some info on this unit. It has the frame of the Sundance/Elkridge and the looks of a BH. The fresh water tank is smaller then the BC or BH. Its also much lighter then the BH or BC. Might be a lighter unit with BH qualities.

K

karykatz

The new “Silverado by Bighorn” is our new full profile line of 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheels that will accompany the Bighorn Franchise. The Silverado will have some of the amenities that are found in Bighorn and will retail for starting MSRP’s of $45,900.

The Silverado now offers 4 floor plans including the 37QB a quad bunk family unit, the 35RE a triple slide rear entertainment, the 33RL a triple slide couples coach with outdoor kitchen and the 30RL a triple slide under 35’ long. These floor plans will have fully enclosed bathrooms, hydraulic slide rooms, enclosed heated underbellies, solid surface countertops, large pass through storage and will be three quarter ton friendly.

We are very excited about these new models and will be arriving on our Bighorn dealer’s lots in the next 30 days.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Was looking at some info on this unit. It has the frame of the Sundance/Elkridge and the looks of a BH. The fresh water tank is smaller then the BC or BH. Its also much lighter then the BH or BC. Might be a lighter unit with BH qualities.

Yes, they seem to be a hybrid of an ElkRidge and a BigHorn, but really a smart decision because of the excellent brand recognition. They create an umbrella that can carry other "lines": With a Silverado, you get a "Big Horn" without the BIG price and BIG tow vehicle needed.

E

wyleyrabbit

What brand of truck should one use to tow a Bighorn Silverado? I drive a Chevy Silverado, but seems like a Dodge Ram would also be appropriate. Gotta consider style! :)

Westwind

Information is still coming out on this new Bighorn Model, so you will have to check the Heartland website often. It appears it will be a more affordable model of the Bighorn with similar floor plans and options. But only Heartland knows. Your sig had a 1 ton tow vehicle, don't think you can get better capacity than that.

dieselsweetheart

The Silverado was at the Hershey show and Wilkins sold 6 of them. I believe that a bunk edition is a plus when trying to reach out to the buyers who have children. While at the owners table at the show, I noticed many potential buyers skipping over the Heartlands because they did not have a bunk area for their kids. Others went in, then came out because they saw there was no separate area for the kids... I think if Heartland wants to reach out to the families, they need to have a couple models that offer an extra room where the kids can hang out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The Silverado was at the Hershey show and Wilkins sold 6 of them. I believe that a bunk edition is a plus when trying to reach out to the buyers who have children. While at the owners table at the show, I noticed many potential buyers skipping over the Heartlands because they did not have a bunk area for their kids. Others went in, then came out because they saw there was no separate area for the kids... I think if Heartland wants to reach out to the families, they need to have a couple models that offer an extra room where the kids can hang out.

I think, key word here is think, that there are four different floor plans offered.

Peace
Dave