Slide out

tstammer

tstammer
I am thinking of purchasing a 2006 2925 BigHorn, I have been reading this forum and have alot of question I need to ask. When the dining room slide is out the floor matches perfectly no gar, but the slide does not compress to the wall I have about a 2" gap between the wall and slide the dealer tells me this is normal. I have a 2004 Prowler and the slide fully compress to the wall making a good seal? Any input would be appreciated since this is a major purchase.

HappyKayakers

A 2 inch gap for critters/rain to come in and heat/cold to escape :eek: Right. Makes me think of the saying I read so much on rv.net - If a salesman's lips are moving, he's lying. Let the dealer camp in it when it's raining and the temp is about 40 degrees.

jpmorgan37

Joe;
I have to jump in here. When my slides are open, the facia board is approximately 2 inches away from the wall of the coach. The seals are compressed and there are no critters, rain, wind or anything else coming in. With the seals compressed, heat and cold do not escape. Our winter wasn't as cold as yours, but we did have nights at 18 degrees and we kept toasty warm.

John

Forrest Fetherolf

tstammer,

Move the slide in a few inches and measure the thickness of the weather seal attached to the back of the slide wood casing. If the seal thickness is more than 2", then the seal is compressing when the slide is out, if not, the slide needs to be adjusted. In my opinion, a 2" gap would be the maximum allowed. On my 3600RL the gap ranges from 5/8" to 1".
Check the slide exterior gap the same way. Seal compression is more important than the gap.

Forrest

Pulltab

Hi Tstamer, I have an 07 2925 and I also have approximately 1-1/2". Just make sure you can not put your finger behind the seal when the slide is all the way out. If you finger goes between the seal and the wall there is a slide adjustment needed on the stop.