Central Vac Placement

rlaubert

My wife and I recently purchased a new RW400. During the process of reviewing 40 or so toy haulers, we found an area that needed some improvement in the Heartland RVs, the placement of the central vac unit. It is currently (2012 units) being place so that you have to climb into the basement to remove the canister for cleaning. In our case that would mean cleaning out the basement are so that my 5 ft 8 inch frame could climb into the basement to reach the vac canister.

Please redesign this with a little more thought into how maintance or use would be performed and not simply placement of the equipment.

Sandpirate69

I must agree with your comment. I have the same problem. To remove the vacuum bag is a mission. I have to pull all my gear out from the storage area to get to my vacuum canister.

Ivan

twohappycampers

So very true! Maybe someone knows of a modification, or am I just dreaming on that one? There ARE some miracle workers on this forum, that's for sure!

Also, is there an indicator somewhere of when the bag is full? Otherwise we're left checking it needlessly and that's a pain in the patootie too.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My Dirt Devil was dealer installed, and they mounted it under the stairs. They put an access port in the basement wall, just inside the basement door, to get to the filter bag, which doesn't require me to move much, if anything. I have never seen a bag vacuum that had a fullness indicator on it. In the photo of my wall modification, the small white door is where the vacuum can be accessed.

The port for the hose was put on the riser of the bottom step, rather than in the wall next to the steps. Good for us, because that's where we put the cat box.

It might be possible to relocate the canister on yours to a more accessible location by adding some extra hose from it to the connection port.

View attachment 16314View attachment 16315View attachment 16316