New Elkridge owner

sengli

My wife and I both camped alot as kids. Now that we are 50ish...we decided to try camping again. We just got a new 2011 27RLSS fifth wheel. Anyone else have a similiar unit out there? Hope we dont have alot of issue's with this unit.

jimtoo

Hi sengli,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Camping and RVing is a great way to see the country, enjoy the outdoors and just get-away from it all. You will meet some great folks along the way and make lots of great memories.

Check out the "Portal Page" for rallies in your area where you can meet other Heartland Owners and also think about joining our Owners Club.

Enjoy the forum and your new Elkridge.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". Elkridge is a great coach and you will have lots of fun meeting fellow RV'rs. Enjoy and travel safely.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We love our Elkridge and just got back from our last camping of the year. Next week it will get winterized. We have had almost zero problems with it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sengli, welcome to the Heartland family forum! We love our ElkRidge! We have had a few issues, but nothing that has made us unhappy with our choice of units. Be sure to check your tires often for wear, as there are very few good trailer tires out there. Also ask lots of questions here, if you see something out of the ordinary. Often a small issue will come up, and other owners can help you out with solutions before you get upset. Don't be shy about the 1 year warranty, if it ain't right, get it looked at. Heartland does stand behind their products, and if the dealer gives you pushback, it's ok to talk to HL directly!

Have fun and enjoy your ElkRidge!

ankie3467

We have the exact model as you. We bought ours in March of this year. We love ours! We had a few issues right off the bat, but so far so good. Still have the dimples in the floor where the recliner sat, which really irks me, but I guess nothing can be done! We took one recliner out and put in small plastic chair, and it is so much better. Enjoy yours

olcoon

We also have the same unit (27RLSS). During our first year it seemed like it was at the dealer more than in our driveway, or out camping. Nothing really major, but my theroy was it's under warranty, why should I fix it? Warranty expired in April, in June we went to the rally in Goshen, left there, spent 1 day at home (KC,MO), then left to go workcamping on the Front Range in CO. We lived in it 24/7, and really didn't have any problems. It's amazing that we lived in 275 sq. ft. for about 4 months, and BOTH of us survived!!! Don't be shy about the warranty, use it!!! Also, like has already been stated, if you have any questions & can't get an answer ask the forum, you'll get answers here! Also, go to a rally, we went to our first ever in Goshen, and are hooked! We are going to try to be the first ones to sign up for the rally in Gillette! From what I've expirenced, Heartland is a great company, excellent customer service, and quality leaders heading the company.

sengli

Thanks all for the replies. We bought ours in late october and got to use it three times before the weather turned south, in norther Indiana. When we got back from our last weekender since new, and there were several of the cabinet doors that popped off their hinge points on their own. I simply put them back, but I am seeing other threads where other people have experienced the wood cabinet doors splitting? Wow it has alot of storage cabinet space in this rig!

Sandie

We are trading our current fiver in for a 2011 ElkRidge 34RLSA. We have only seen pictures of it since the unit is in another city here in AZ. All the financing is in place and it is currently on its way here. Our final decision is based on if we love it after actually seeing it. Tell me....other than the normal tweeks that need to be worked out over the first year of ownership how has your ElkRidge held up? We may be fulltiming in it for a few years, as we are now retired.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We've had our Elk Ridge for 2 seasons and other than a few things (minor) after the first couple of trips, no problems. Have enjoyed it and can't wait til spring. Good Luck with the new toy

Sandie

We've had our Elk Ridge for 2 seasons and other than a few things (minor) after the first couple of trips, no problems. Have enjoyed it and can't wait til spring. Good Luck with the new toy

Well that is what I want to hear. We have the same truck, except a 2011 X-cab. Does it pull it OK? I am such a worry wart, but they guarantee we will have no problem. Not sure how ther terrain in in Michigan, but we are always going up and down steep grades here, so I'm hoping we will not be overloaded.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sadie,

We've used our ElkRidge quite a bit in the (almost) two years we've owned it. Not full-timing, but trying to take a trip about once every month to 6 weeks. We had some issues with a bent axle and decided to replace them both as well as upgrade the suspension. I can't say for sure anything was "wrong" with what was on the rig, but we decided peace of mind in upgrading was worth the $$. We also replaced our tires (they were 2 years old), but that was due to manufacturing defects in the tires, not Heartland's fault.

We sometimes drool over the higher end 5vers, but honestly, there isn't anything about THIS rig that makes me want to get rid of it. Plenty of storage, very nice looking, good quality, extremely livable. What does a Landmark have that an ElkRidge doesn't? Really, it's just more "conveniences". And those cost $$$$. So be happy with your choice, it is a great rig.