New to me! North Country Lakeside 291RKS

So excited! We picked her up yesterday! Still have the Pop-Up to sell. :( But so nice and cozy in the camper! I'm camping in it right now and it is so fun! My question is what is the red light switch for in the bathroom? Is it to the bat cave? ;) No seriously we bought it from a different manufacturer and really weren't told a whole lot about it. Thank goodness for Internet and word of mouth around the campgrounds on this manufacturer. So can anyone fill me in on the red switch. Thanks a bunch!

jimtoo

Hi NittyGritty,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am almost positive that if it is a switch with a red handle and light, then it is to the electric heating element of the hot water heater. You should never turn it on unless your sure you water heater is full of water. It will burn itself out in seconds. Now if your unit is a new one, you may also have a switch outside in the water heater access that is covered with a rubber cover that may be off. The one outside may be left on and the one inside is for ease of turning on--off without removing access cover.

Please let us know what you find.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M