EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NY, Lake George - 6/15/2012 to 6/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bighorn55

Thanks to Greg and Beth for a Great Weekend! And Thanks to all the attendees, We were "first timers" and everyone was very welcoming, friendly and enjoyable to be with. Hope to see all of you in Copake.

cjhicks

Thanks Greg & Beth for a great Rally,we enjoyed the Cruise on Lake George and every-one's company. We made it home after a LONG 11 hour drive.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
We made it home about 6:00 pm. Thanks Beth and Greg for another great rally. It was nice to be with all our Heartland friends and make new ones as well.

truknutt

Committed Member
It was hard to leave Sunday evening. Had to get back to that four letter word on Monday (work) hoping to see you again in Maryland.

Nice to meet Greg's friend and then Beth's friend. Glad you had a good time. P.S. Did you remove the tape that covered "FLEETWOOD", yet?

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Greg and Beth,
Once again a SUCCESSFUL event. I need a few days to relax and recover from all the fun and activities. You guy's know how to through a party. Hope all made it home safe and can't wait to the next meeting around the campfire.

mallard29s

Nice to meet Greg's friend and then Beth's friend. Glad you had a good time. P.S. Did you remove the tape that covered "FLEETWOOD", yet?

I did remove the tape. Don't want it to stick permanent. We are grandfathed in as Heartland owns the rights to the name. Some day we may get one.! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to all that attended the NY rally this year. Without you this event would not have been a success. Greg and I had a great time, we can't wait until next year!!

To all the Chapter Leaders and Regional Directors, Thank You so much for all your help. You made our lives a little easier this weekend. Thank you to all the members that help out breaking down base camp, many hands make light work.

Hope to see you all real soon!!

Love from Freckles and Pickles also.

porthole

Retired
The view of the lower lake from Mount Prospect. Not bad for a cell phone pic.

And we could hear the steam calliope on the Minnie Ha Ha from up here.

Attachments

• photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    611.9 KB · Views: 35

porthole

Retired
Greg took this shot - the lonely Cyclone. Right after he left the park crew lined up all the picnic benches.
One morning while walking the pups I saw the ground crews lining up all the lounge chairs at the upper pool.

This had to be the cleanest park we have ever stayed at. Deb made the comment that if you saw a piece of trash on the ground you almost felt obliged to pick it up.
I did that several times throughout our stay.

Did you know the used blowers on the roofs of the buildings?
That they cut the grass on Monday and Tuesday on the sites?
That even the trails were kept tidy?

I regret not going back to try and record the concert at the pond. I have never heard frogs make that much noise, and they were little buggers to boot. Between the tree frogs and bull frogs, occasional bird and the single mallard, it was quite the symphony..

And the bull frogs really did a good job of teasing Molly.

One again, great choice Beth and Greg!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 48

porthole

Retired
The kids were wiped out for the ride home - 12 days of rallying finally got to them.

Attachments

• june 2012 003.jpg
    june 2012 003.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 25

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Great pic of the kids Duane! I know they had a good time and they deserve to rest in the back seat for a few hours!

Greg and Beth,

I am a few days late in letting you know what a wonderful job you did on the rally. We really appreciated all your work and want to thank you so much. Obviously, home safe and sound and have Turning Stone in the planner for next. Enjoy the rest of your camping season and keep up the great work.

Pat and Bob

Porkchop

Sorry it took so long to reply. We just got back from the 9 day vacation to Canada and Lake Placid.

It was a lot of fun meeting everyone! Duane was EXTREMELY helpful with us newbies and although we only spend a short amount of time at the Rally, it was a pleasure meeting everyone! The campground was very nice as well!

Our trip went well with very small issues. The baby did really well throughout the travels and I'm so glad we bought an RV.

It was 95+ degrees in Canada!!!

We will keep an look out for the next rally and try to make more in the future!

Irene, Martin and Lucas

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
It was great meeting you guys too! Duane is a very knowledgable guy so you were leaning on the right source for Cyclone info. Hope we get to see you again real soon!

Joebethlamb

Keep us posted on the baby! It was great hanging with you both. Hope to see you at the wine fest in July! Take care.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We will definitely keep you guys posted. We also had a great time hanging out with you both. Hopefully we can make the wine fest.

Take Care and God Bless,

Jose

hbcottage

hbcottage
It was a wonderful Rally and we had a ball. Following the Rally, we traveled to Freeport and Bath Maine, Got to see the shipyard where a Destroyer I served in (USS Porterfield DD682) was built - a WW2 Fletcher class can. No problems encountered on this trip. A Great Big "Well Done" (Bravo Zulu in a Navy flag hoist) to the clowns and Chapter Leaders Greg and Beth.

Hank & Phyllis (and Thistle and Tally)

Status
Not open for further replies.