Bedroom Slideout

Bighorn Owners,
I have a 2009 big horn 3370RL, My problem is that the bedroom slideout on the lower left side roller has droped down causing cracks in the skin and buckeling the skin out of the trim channel. The drop is about 3/4 of an inch on the left side.
Has another bighorn owner had this problem. It would be great to hear from you. My cell 931-273-5196

Charles Mitchell
Tullahoma,TN

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Charles and welcome to the forum. Although you have been a forum member for some time now this is your first post. You should get some answers.
I have heard of similar situations with the bedroom slide. I think it would be a good idea to remove the mattress and then take out the paneling under there. You may have a broken weld in the slide mechanism or a roller may have failed.
That's what I would do.
Let us know what you find after it is fixed.

Peace
Dave

ncc1701e

While our is not a Big Horn, we just pulled our Sundance 2800RL home from repairs for the exact same problem. One of the rollers on the bedroom slide had broken the mounting hardware off. Broken Roller Bed 1.jpg Ours dropped about 3/4" just as you have described. The only real clue that I had a problem was I noticed that the slide was doing a lot of jerking when it was run in or out. To repair our unit, the slide had to be removed from the trailer. We had to take the trailer to a dealer nearly 5 hours from home just to find a dealer capable of removing the slide. I've included a link to their website: link removed

This is the second time I've had to take our trailer to this dealer for some major repairs. I can not say enough about the good service and repairs they do. Just wish they were a little closer to my home. They are located just outside of Cincinnati in Batavia, OH. Another good dealer maybe a little closer to you in TN is RV4Less: http://rvsforless.net/ I've never had any service done here, but I did meet the owner and his wife at a ralley and they seem like really great folks.

Last edited by a moderator: