EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: GA, Elko - 3/16/2012 to 3/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

TandC

Randy.
I understand - the better halves have a way of keeping us busy.
The WRPD Range is about a mile from the WR AF Museum.

kkamshop

We were thinking about checking out the Confederate Prison site at Andersonville on Saturday. Has anyone been there? Is it worth the drive?

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We went there last year, I thought it was well worth the trip. There is a reception center and you can tour (walk) the entire prison compound with a Park Ranger providing very informative narrative and description. A sobering visit, but a part of our fabric as a Nation. I recommend it.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Ken & Kathy, I have to agree with Eric & Dorothy. It is a must see but it is also heartbreaking. A very important part of our history.
If you have time the AF Museum at Warner Robins will lift your spirits. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

jbeletti

If you gave Jim the peppers they are his to keep or eat. Knowing Jim the peppers are not in the freezer as of this date.
Would I want a frozen pepper or a fresh cooked pepper. Hmm, Jim can keep the frozen ones.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Randy's right - the peppers are long gone! Thawed and regrilled them in Mission, TX for the early arrivals to the Heartland Owners Potluck at Retama Village. Yum, yum!

Jim

Randy

They just call us "Pepper Pro's...
Jay, they taste a lot better fresh. Just have to get Dick & Reta to head out to Texas. But not before He fixes peppers at the Georgia Rally.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Dick, if you and Reta don't have anything to do on April 20-22nd, here's your invitation to the Texas rally. Bring your peppers and come on down for some good old Texas hospitality.

hillsonwheels

JayC..........appreciate the invite, spent a lot of time :D in TX when working. But, we'll be headed up the east coast at that time. As said before, the "receipt" (that's how we said it in WV) has been posted in the forum for all to try to make and enjoy. An easy thing to do......make some and make some friends. Don't invite Southern Nights! :eek: He knows how to make 'em! :rolleyes:

Dick

Randy

Dick, The question is this. If Larry knows how to make them are they as good as yours? Just wondering.

Randy

Georgia Rally group, It looks like the temperatures are going to be in the low 80's for the rally. That is a far cry from snow falling on us coming back
the N.C. camp out last weekend. Santha is going fix green bean casserole and cheesecake for potluck.

kkamshop

We will make a cornbread casserole - we weren't sure we would be there in time for the potluck, but now it looks like we can leave earlier on Thursday night, so we should be there early enough on Friday.

Randy

We will make a cornbread casserole - we weren't sure we would be there in time for the potluck, but now it looks like we can leave earlier on Thursday night, so we should be there early enough on Friday.
Ken & Kathy, The cornbread casserole sounds good. The potluck is Saturday. We are having a catered dinner on Friday night.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Randy and Santha,

Sam and I will be coming to the Ga. Rally. We will arrive on the 15th (maybe 14) and leave on the 18th (well, maybe 19) . Anyway, site 40.

See you there.

Randy

Randy and Santha,

Sam and I will be coming to the Ga. Rally. We will arrive on the 15th (maybe 14) and leave on the 18th (well, maybe 19) . Anyway, site 40.

See you there.
Santha and I are both tickled pink. Get to see the new truck also. I am picking up the little brother to the 3500 tomorrow.

Randy

In honor of St Patrick's Day we'll be bringing an Irish Stew.

Kelly, Irish stew sounds great. This weekend I spent in the Hormel plant here in Tucker working in the Dinty Moore beef stew prep and canning area.

Status
Not open for further replies.