Installation of Stacked Washer and Dryer in a Big Country 2011 3595RE

PhilPam

Just finished installation of a Whirlpool stackable washer and dryer. Had a few things to overcome. 1. Removed Bathroom and Bedroom doors for easy movement of units into Bedroom. 2. Removed rightside door jam to allow movement into Bedroom. 3. Removed carpeting from area where drip pan was to be installed. Found false floor area under front where washer would be. 4. Installed a 1/2 inch sheet of treated plywood under area for pan. 5. Installed drip pan. 6. Removed drawer handles on left hand of lower cabinet to allow movement of washer into W/D area. 7. Installed Washer using no movement brackets. 8. Removed Left End Wall of upper Cabinet to facilitate installation of Dryer using the brackets for mountiong the dryer to the top of the washer. 9. Reionstall parts removed to facilitate installation. This was a 2 day job for my wife and I to do.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Can you elaborate on the models you installed? We'd like to go with the whirlpools also if possible.

twohappycampers

Interested to know what model of Whirlpool appliances you installed. I think my husband is serious about getting a set for me real soon :) And thanks for the detailed instructions, they'll help a lot!

Did you put in an overflow valve - if that's what it's called?

PhilPam

Twohappycampers
First of all we al,so removed the railing from the stairs. We purchase a Whirlpool Model WFC7500VW Washer, a Whirlpool Model LDR3822PQ Dryer, and a WhirlpoolW-D001 Stacker Kit (mounts dryer to top of washer). We also purchased "SUREFIT" washer mounting brackets and a "DRAIN-A-WAY" Pl 24 Drain Pan 1 1/2 " tall, 24" Deep, and 24" wide. For purchase info please e-mail Pplau4148@aol.com

PhilPam

Boatto5er,
The two units are 65" tall when installed. We purchase a Whirlpool Model WFC7500VW Washer, a Whirlpool Model LDR3822PQ Dryer, and a WhirlpoolW-D001 Stacker Kit (mounts dryer to top of washer). We also purchased "SUREFIT" washer mounting brackets and a "DRAIN-A-WAY" Pl 24 Drain Pan 1 1/2 " tall, 24" Deep, and 24" wide. For purchase info please e-mail Pplau4148@aol.com

ParkIt

Thanks for the model information, Whirlpool said they didn't make a washer that would fit in our closet couple of months back (separate w/d from wardrobe). The dimensions would fit but the door would have to come off to get it in, expected that much.
What I did notice is our factory drain is at a stressed angle because the plastic box insert was cut off center. Really HL? Must have been a Friday ours was done, going to have to pull out the plastic box and realign so it won't bang around.
Not sure about a dryer yet considering 1200 rpms is pretty stout and a 2nd drain spin cycle will get most all moisture out but may have to see how that goes.

boatto5er

Boatto5er,
The two units are 65" tall when installed. We purchase a Whirlpool Model WFC7500VW Washer, a Whirlpool Model LDR3822PQ Dryer, and a WhirlpoolW-D001 Stacker Kit (mounts dryer to top of washer). We also purchased "SUREFIT" washer mounting brackets and a "DRAIN-A-WAY" Pl 24 Drain Pan 1 1/2 " tall, 24" Deep, and 24" wide. For purchase info please e-mail Pplau4148@aol.com

Thanks a ton! Looks like these would be perfect for us also.

PhilPam

I used a 1/4" 12 " long drill to go through the thick wall keeping it squared to the wall. (I drilled a plumb 1/4" hole through a small piece of 4 X 4 to get a squared hole.) Using the jig and the drill moving the center over about 3/4" from the centerline of the Heartland decal I drilled from the inside out very slowly so I wouldn't crack the outside gelcoat. Then I applied a layer of Ppainters tape to the gelcoat to protect it. I nthen used a 4" hole saw and drilled firstfrom the inside untile I bottomed out the hole saw(hole saw was shallow about 1 1/2" in depth removed the hole saw and went outside. When outside I pt the hole saw in reverse (counter clockwise) until a distinct line was showing thriugh the gelcoat. I the put the drill in forward (clockwise) and finished the hole. This way the hole is straight through and easier to slide the vent in.

jbeletti

I saw the W/D install Phil did - awesome. Same for all the other mods and decorating Phil and Pam have done. Very inspiring.

Jim

Delaine and Lindy

Looks great Phil, excellent job. We have the same W/D and have been using them for over 2 years. However in our 5th wheel the W/D sit side by side. If we decided to go back to full timing our next W/D will be a stackable like yours. Will be changing floor plans. Happy Trails......

boatto5er

Just bought the washer/dryer, vent, and vent hose. Waiting on pan and stacking kit. Will be doing installation in a couple of weeks. Wanted to publicly thank Phil for some great behind the scenes information and assistance. Can only hope mine turns out close to as good as his!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Just bought the washer/dryer, vent, and vent hose. Waiting on pan and stacking kit. Will be doing installation in a couple of weeks. Wanted to publicly thank Phil for some great behind the scenes information and assistance. Can only hope mine turns out close to as good as his!

Got to see Phil's installation first hand. He set the bar pretty high Gus.

jbeletti

Gus, you need to have Larry cut your vent hole. I just watch cell phone spy video of Larry cutting the hole in the side of his BC. Nice job and he only hit 3 studs :) Not!

Jim

boatto5er

Gus, you need to have Larry cut your vent hole. I just watch cell phone spy video of Larry cutting the hole in the side of his BC. Nice job and he only hit 3 studs :) Not!

Jim

Fortunately, the "Landmark Diner" has a nice target sticker in the closet showing where to drill the vent hole (thank you Heartland). HOWEVER, I will still measure at least three times before making the first hole! I remember my experience with installing a TV cable connection in my boat (measure 20 times - drill once).