out door shower

I am trying to find info on the outdoor shower. I have a 3100 Sundance. There is a constant drip and I have tried to tighten the facets. I have also had to re-caulk the shower drain but I think I used the wrong silicone caulking as it is coloring, any ideas?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Vancoillei and welcome to the forum.
When you said that you caulked the shower drain, was that to stop the drips that you are finding? Or is that a separate issue?
Where are the drips coming from? Behind the wall or from the shower head itself?
If your drips are coming from the shower drain, check the fittings below.
If you are experiencing leaks somewhere then you may need to get behind the wall in the basement and have a look around.

Peace
Dave

Sorry ,the shower was a seperate issue. the leak is definitely from the handle. I have tightened the facets but it didn't work. I was able to find the manufacturer and requested info from them for replacement parts. The unit is less than a year old so maybe they will send me parts out of the goodness of their heart. I sent the website to the manual submission section for others.
Thanks
http://www.itc-rv.com/products

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your rig is less than a year old, contact your dealer for warranty replacement of the faucet. Or call the manufacturer of the faucet and ask for warranty replacement.
I think those are cartridge type faucets so maybe you could remove one and go to a home improvement center and find a replacement.
Just a thought.

Peace
Dave

olcoon

We had the same problem with our Elk Ridge. Kept getting water in the basement, finally traced it down to the outside shower. Some how the knobs kept getting turned on, and it would leak from the shower head, or behind the UDC. We had never used the outside shower, and hadn't turned it on. I finally installed shut off valves behind the UDC, and so far that's solved the problem. If we decide to use the shower, just have to get behind the UDC, and turn it back on.