Forced to Winterize this Weekend

SilverRhino

With my pending knee replacement in January, we had planned on getting in at least two trips this fall and winter. Unfortunately, we just found out that the DW needs to have surgery next week that will keep her out of commission for 4 to 6 weeks! That will take us right up to my surgery......so our 2011 season has officially come to an end!

I'll be loading the small compressor into the truck and going to storage to blow out the lines, spread the dryer sheets out and remove anything that's been left from out last trip. This is never as much fun as getting the rig ready to start the season.

SilverRhino

Dryer sheets keep the "furry little creatures" aka mice out of the unit........Been using them for years and have never had a problem.

SilverRhino

Where do you place them? Thanks

I place them around the coach on the floor, inside the cabinets, inside the closet and in the storage compartments. Not really sure how many I use......one box of Bounce sheets will do it.

Another good method is to place peppermint oil on cotton swabs and then place them on paper plates to set around the unit. Make sure you get the pure peppermint oil.....can be found at pharmacies or whole health stores. The only issue with the peppermint oil is that it takes a while to air out the coach.......The odor is very strong.......but......It will keep the mice away!

ihsolutions

Just a thought. The RV only touches the ground in 6 places:

- 4 tires
- 2 front jacks.

It occurs to me that if you keep them off these, they can't ever get in the coach in the first place. Accordingly, I spray home perimeter bug spray around all six of these, and moth balls around the tires and front jacks. Never had a problem. Then again, I am in the frozen tundra we call Michigan, so maybe that's the reason for my success.