Retired and heading south

Gaffer

I retired on Halloween. Been busy ever since getting ready for our first snowbird trip. Sold the house in July and have been full-timing for 4 months now. Took the last of what we don't need to storage and got the golf clubs and bicycles out of storage. Staying @ 7-Feathers for one more night then a couple nights each in Redding, Lodi @ Atascadero. Santa Barbara for Thanksgiving, Indio for a couple of nights then 6-weeks @ Lake Havasu, February near Casa Grande (meeting up with 4 rigs from the Colorado Chapter) and off to San Antonio for 2 weeks in March (St. Paddy's Day). We will hit the N. California rally in Oroville on the way back to Oregon and look for a sticks and bricks in Bend.
//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png
PJ

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Enjoy the new lifestyle. Where are you staying in Indio? We spent a winter at Shadow Hills Resort 2 years ago. Nice park but the wi-fi was iffy back then. Inconsistent issues.

Gaffer

Crazy Horse in Lake Havasu City. Indo area might stay at the Elks if there is room. San Antanio----haven't decided. Open to suggestions.
PJ

rjr6150

PJ & Karol
Watch that CO. bunch close we've camped with them from the beginning and they are habit forming. Enjoy your retirement and the travel.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Great plan! Retirement is a wonderful state of mind. Enjoy and be safe.

jpajax

Seen a real funny sign last night that said something like ( Will be going south for winter to catch up with parts of my body that is all ready there).

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
PJ,
we changed our minds and are at Oroville KOA unitl Monday. You HAVE to try the Long Creek 2009 Syrah. I could drink a bottle with a straw. I'll save some for you and Karol until the March Rally.

slmayor

PJ,
Long Creek is available from the winery in Oroville. Just give Long Creek a call, they ship in cooler weather. We'll more than likely do a tasting tour again for the rally. Not sure he'll have the Syrah left by March, but is supposed to release a Sangiovese in December. I got the very last bottle of their 2007 cab/syrah blend. The 2009 is much sweeter and fuller bodied than the 2007. Great wines and made in traditional ways. No chemicals, no filters, just 1 older Italian guy and 2 years of racking.
I bought a mixed case a couple weeks ago, and went back and got another case of the Syrah on Saturday. PS, did I mention it's only $99 a case, mix and match? LOL

reverts

PJ & Karol,

Congradulations on your retirement and all the traveling you will be doing (I'm jealous we still have a couple more years). Travel safe and have fun. See you in Oroville.

Robin

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
PJ and Karol,
We are so jealous! We should be able to do that in 2.5 years when I get to quit.

Deb,

You are saving some for Mark, right? BTW, you need to find that bottle of Gin. Mark is done Jan. 1!!!!!

Kristy

Gaffer

Congrats to Mark on retirement. Deb, Karol has a long straw. "You HAVE to try the Long Creek 2009 Syrah. I could drink a bottle with a straw".

slmayor

Guys, I picked up another case of the Syrah, and I have a box of straws. LOL
Kristy, I bet Mark will be hard to live with for the next month. :) I'll start looking for the Gin now. Maybe you guys really ought to come see us for New Years?
Only a little while longer for us. If the sale of my Mom's house closes escrow, it will put me that much closer. I am SOOOOO ready to hit the road. I am so envious of you full timers. :)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Deb,
Lol

Trying to figure out what to do with the dogs for New Years. Will also depend on weather, etc. I wish we could still be using the trailer by then. Hotels are such a pain with the dogs, if they are even allowed.

Kristy