EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: EVENT: TN/KY Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

We are so glad that Archie and Barbara can come. It will be great seeing ya'll again.

Have also gotten an e-mail that Bobby and Linda (SuperDuty08) are also coming. They are expecting a new grandbaby about that time so we might have to throw a grandbaby shower for them.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084

Reservations made we are in site 7. Will mail the check to you for the tour this weekend. Really looking for ward to this rally.

Nabo

Yea -the McClures are coming. Glad to have you both.

Lou_and_Bette

I will be calling for a reservation today if it is alright for Bette and I to join your group. Rally sounds fun and informative since we will be going full time after I retire Jan 31, 2012. We will be on our way to the national rally afterwards.

Lou

Nabo

Absolutely you and Bette, and of course Milo, may come to the Rally. We would love to have the great state of Texas represented. As of right now, I'm not sure who else will be heading to the National Rally but let's put it out on the table and see.

Nabo

Would like to "Welcome" Donald & Carol Kutscher to the Rally. This will be their first rally so everyone make feel welcome. They are also planning on attending the Memphis tour.

Lou_and_Bette

Site #8 is reserved for the Milo wagon (he thinks it is his RV) arriving 28 May and depart 4 June. Looking forward to meeting all this nice group and since Bette is originally from very southern Indiana she will blend right in with the KY family

Nabo

We are so glad that the great State of Texas will be represented. Gosh - what a nice variety of states being represented. Glad you all can come.

Lou and Betty - you asked about if anyone else was heading to the National Rally from Memphis. Hoyt and Mary (oscar8499) had asked the same question earlier. Might be ya'll can contact each other about heading that way together.

ncc1701e

Byrd, I finally got around to making our reservations. We are arriving Thursday (May 31) and leaving Monday (Jun 4). The kind lady said we were assigned to site #10. Looking forward as always to seeing you and Nathan pluse the rest of the Heartland gang.

Nabo

How exciting that you and Millie are coming. It will be good to see you both again.

You had asked earlier if anyone was going to the National rally from this rally. It looks like there might be a couple of folks going so if ya'll decide to head that way, you might have some traveling company.

ncc1701e

Update - Have just chartered a tour of Memphis on Saturday, June 2.
Cost:
$24.00 per person (can get a discount if 20 or more people sign up for the tour). Reservation must be made before May 1st.
Who to pay: Nathan or Byrd Mathis Where: Mail check to 820 Foothills Rd, Lenoir City, TN 37771
Time: 10 a.m. (2.5 to 3 hour tour)
Pickup/drop-off: The EZ Daze Campground (yeah - we don't have to caravan anywhere)
Will See: Downtown Memphis, Beale Street, Cotton Row, Victorian Village, the two statues of the Kings (Elvis & B.B. King), Lorraine Motel, A. Schwab (132 year-old general store), St. Jude Children's Hospital & the pavilion where DannyThomas is entombed, Graceland, the Duck walk at Peabody Hotel, Sun Studio, Memphis Pyramid and FedEx Forum. The Peabody Hotel Duck Walk is at 11 a.m. and the tour is going to try to have us there to see it.

Byrd, count us in for the tour. If I forget to send a check just throw something and hit me as a reminder (hopefully something soft).

Tom & Millie

ncc1701e

Byrd,

It is about 20 mile over to Tunica. I didn't know if anyone would be interested in a little gambling site trip during the outing. Maybe something to suggest as a possibility.

Nabo

Not a problem and glad to include ya'll for the tour. You can wait til after the first of the year, toward Feb. if you like to send a check to us. I will send out a reminder about then.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Nabo

Hum - gambling??? That might be an option. How many of ya'll are up for another side trip to Tunica?

archbarb

I'm not a gambler but Barb loves it. We've been to Tunica a few times and its pretty amazing. So if a trips planned count us in.

Myself, I'm going to be on the lookout for ELVIS:cool:

Archie

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We are coming in on Wednesday, anyone else coming in then or before? Thursday or Friday morning would be a good time to go.

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)

We also will be arriving wednesday. Mary and I would love to go to Tunica. Also,Lou and Bette we will be heading to Gillette from the Rally. We plan on staying in Mt Pleasant IA too see Family for a day then stop somewhere to go see Mt Rushmore never been there. See you in June.

ncc1701e

Right now we are scheduled for a Thursday arrival. However, I'm very flexible and Wednesday is a very easy adjustment if we have a group for an activity like Tunica or even a round or two of golf.

Nabo

Sorry guys but Thursday is the earliest that Nat & I can get there (hate this thing called work) but if there is enough interest, I will try to find a local golf course that's near the cg and cost. Will let you know sometime next week after Christmas.

ncc1701e

Sorry for your issues Nathan, if some of us happen to get there earlier we'll try not to drink all the good coolaide before you arrive (LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.