Stake Pocket Truck Rack

PhotoPete

Good afternoon all. Im looking for a little advice. I am looking for a rack system that utilizes the steak pockets on my chevy 2500, so I can carry a canon while keeping the tonneau cover closed and locked. It looks like there are only a few venders of these things. I would have figured there would be more.

Anyway I keep seeing U.S. Rack as the guys that appear to be making what I need. Has anyone used these racks and can you tell me if they really are stable? While looking through the instillation instructions for the thing, I see that it's just a pressure plate at the top of the steak hole that does the locking in. I would expect to see an actual post going into the steak hole.

Anyway, can anyone shed some light on this product and mounting method?

Thanks and I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Photo Pete

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You want to carry a cannon? And use the steak holes? I thought it was illegal to use a crew-served weapon to hunt domestic livestock.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I think he means canoe....my Fords stake holes are still exposed while using a Pace-Edwards bed cover. Don't know for sure about a GM.

PhotoPete

Yes I meant canoe. I have a hard cover that still leaves the steak holes open. The rack I referenced looks like it would do the job. Just curious if anyone has experience with one.

I must say there are times when a cannon mounted on the truck would come in handy.

Pete