King Pin Lock

GOTTOYS

I use the same one Trace uses. Not so much because somebody would steal the trailer but I'd be in trouble if my Pull-Rite capture plate disappeared...Don

RoadJunkie

I bought (and used) a kingpin lock when I had to store my rig at a lot...whatever make you sleep better. Right? But I now use it when I stay at a place for a month, or so. I put it on because--by golly--I bought the thing and I'm going to use it!

wdk450

I use one by Master Lock. U plate and pin with Master Lock that mates with groove in pin.
I don't use it in storage as I pay for secure indoor storage and the attendants have to move the trailer with a modified forklift which the lock prohibits. I DO use it on the road during stays, I keep it with all of my levelling/setup gear to remember to use it.

aatauses

I found one at a local rv store---quite simple---a slide with a slot in it for your local lock---slide it over the pin, put your lock on and the slide cannot come off without taking the lock off.
Sorry I do not have a picture.
We only used it once when we went on vacation and left the rv on the site.
al

Dale Smith

For storage applications I use a lock assembly very similar to the Road Pro that was noted in one of the replies above.

I fabricated mine myself out of stainless steel with two slots cut in it at the appropriate height to lock this on to the kingpin with a good quality hardened padlock.

Of course, this deterrent is only as good as the guy stealing it, not having a zip cutter to cut the lock off! But of course it will deter any general mischief.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
All of these locks are easily defeated. However, they deter anyone from backing to the rig and just driving off with it, without at least making some noise, or drawing attention to themselves.

Hopefully they will just move on to another rig without a lock. Trace

wdk450

All of these locks are easily defeated. However, they deter anyone from backing to the rig and just driving off with it, without at least making some noise, or drawing attention to themselves.

Hopefully they will just move on to another rig without a lock. Trace

I know that ANY safeguard can be defeated given enough time and money (and maybe explosives). We had classified information safes in the Navy that had rating plates as to how long (not IF) they would resist break-in attempts using X-Rays and torches.
The idea here is to make your rig too much of a bother to mess with. I am wondering if there is any way we could lock up the between-the-wheels chock locks most of us use, as a second line of defense.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I know that old saying is true...i.e. "Locks are for honest people" cause thieves will defeat any locking mechanism if they are given the opportunity.