Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer question

1. Print this Post   #1

Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer question

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get clothes to dry without wrinkling. It doesn't matter with whites or towels but when it comes to jeans or hanging clothes, I'd like to be able to pull them out without their looking like I've jumped up and down on them for an hour. Can any of you give me a clue as to what I might be doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Sue
    Glen & Sue, Odessa TX
    Sparky (Schnauzer), activities director

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670RL
    2011 GMC 3500HD SLT DRW 4x4

http://wttravelers.blogspot.com

2. Print this Post   #2
    Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired

Re: Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer question

My DW said it is hard to solve the wrinkle issue. You have to find the best dryer number - you cannot dry too long because she said that is when clothes wrinkle. And she agrees jeans are the hardest to dry and not have them super wrinkled. I know some times she pulls jeans out and hangs them up to finish drying. All said, DW also made it clear she would not give up her Splendide combo unit. She wanted the stackable, but they would not fit. Oh, DW just mentioned to be sure not to over load the unit. I do not mess with it. The only thing she let me do with the unit was winterize it, and she helped to make sure it was done correctly. Good luck with solving the problem.
    TOM W
    tank67tommy@gmail.com
    Heartland Owner's Club # 1011
    Bighorn 2014 3875FB
    Bighorn 2006 3600RL
    2014 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4
    2005 Dodge Ram 3500 4x2

3. Print this Post   #3

I washed clothes last night: 2 longsleeve knit shirts, 1 shortsleeve knit shirt. 1 Jeans. 1 Shorts. Underwear and socks. Dried without any appreciable wrinkles. Larger loads might have a problem.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

4. Print this Post   #4

Quote Originally Posted by danemayer View Post
    I washed clothes last night: 2 longsleeve knit shirts, 1 shortsleeve knit shirt. 1 Jeans. 1 Shorts. Underwear and socks. Dried without any appreciable wrinkles. Larger loads might have a problem.
    Interesting . . . I would consider that a large load. May I ask how long you dried it and what number? I tried drying two pair of jeans and they came out awful. I usually put them on stretchers, but we are wintering in higher humidity and it takes forever to dry.
    Glen & Sue, Odessa TX
    Sparky (Schnauzer), activities director

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670RL
    2011 GMC 3500HD SLT DRW 4x4

http://wttravelers.blogspot.com

5. Print this Post   #5

It was a pretty large load, at least for the washer. The laundry came out of the dryer a bit wetter than I expected; I thought about putting it back in the washer to run an extra spin cycle but didn't. I set the timer to 170 and checked after about 2 1/2 hours. The clothes were dry and came out at that point, except for the jeans. I left them in for another 15 minutes or so to make sure they were completely dry.

I use the high heat setting (button in). When we first got the unit, it didn't dry very well at all. Turned out that one of the 2 heating elements wasn't working, so it was always on low heat. Since getting that fixed, it's been working well.

2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

6. Print this Post   #6

I've just checked out the specs. Says it washes 15 lbs but dries 11 lbs. So you remove 4 lbs of wet clothes before it starts drying? I'm being facetious here, but have been looking long and hard at the different options, and just CAN'T come to a decision yet as to what to buy, or if we even will. I've done lots of research online about what people do to help with the wrinkling, and there are many ideas, all mostly sound like a great big pain in the butt and like they don't really do the trick anyway. Guess it depends on how much time you want to spend tending your laundry. And how much you hate ironing!

I have too much to say on this subject, and won't bore you all with it. BUT I would like some input from people who do own one of these combo units. I think the wrinkles result from the high-speed spin cycle. That, and the lack of room when tumbling dry. So, question: do some of the cycles spin at a lower rate, not squashing the clothes against the drum so much? Or would that then leave the clothes so damp that they'd take forever to dry?

I'm looking forward to reading what people have to say. I know this whole matter has been addressed quite a bit already on these forums, but ... maybe some new light?

I'm wondering how many have bought their machines but kinda regret the money they spent and still find themselves going to the laundromats some or much of the time. I'm on a permanent site and the park laundromat is just a few yards down the way.

I know I'm having a difficult time deciding, but if money were no object, I'd sure go for it. But it's very costly for our budget, and then after the cost of the machines, there's the additional hydro bill for the hot water and running the machines. If money were no object (oh, wait, have I already said that?) I'd get the washer/dryer and use it for lighter and smaller loads, and go over to the laundromat for jeans, sheets & towels.

Pardon my rambling, please. If anyone has anything to offer, I'd love to hear it.

Does anyone know of a product that would be good to use to clean the drums of the public washers & dryers before I use them? Something that would quickly clean and sanitize them? Does anyone here bother doing that?

Thanks again! and take good care! Lorna
    Owners of a 2011 Big Country 3450TS - purchased June 2011
    Full-timers on permanent site in RV park in British Columbia
    First RV was a 1997 30 ft Komfort fifth-wheel

7. Print this Post   #7

Sorry, we have the stacked units, not a combo unit. Maybe that's why.

2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

8. Print this Post   #8

The DW says she has no wrinkle problems, only when to many clothes in she answered me. Been using the washer since 2005. Using Liquid Tide and Liquid Downy. use very little soap and rince.
    Barbara and Laurent, Retired teacher and maintenance/engineering,Full Timing
    Mods: Hydraulic selector valves, Queen bed, heavier front closet rod, W/D door swing changed, 2" rear hitch. 2" pin box hitch.Added build in water filter, Replaced HW Tank Fittings. Modified 2 ceiling vents. Relocated shocks to 60deg. 9/16" U-bolts and spring plates.Center 7500 lbs Scissor Stabilizer Jacks. Hawkshead TPMS. Reinforced kitchen sink supports.More supports and longer rails to couch drawer. Modified bedroom steps for storage. Modified landing gear jacks, etc.
    2005 Ford F250 SD, XL F250 4x4, Long Box, 6.0L Diesel, 6 Speed Stick, Use ScangaugeII for Economy, available 60 XGauges and Scanner, Fuel Pressure Gauge, Max Energy by Hypertech set at 85HP for cooling, torque and economy. ELC Coolant and Filter and EGR cooler deleted. 2 added 1300lbs each spring plies, Fuel mileage 21 MPusG empty, 12.6 MPusG pulling the BC. 6.2" din2 touch screen car Radio with DVD, TV, CD,SD,USB, GPS and Rear Cam,

9. Print this Post   #9
    Senior Member - Past Moderator Ray LeTourneau's Avatar

When we bought our little sticks n' bricks last year, the previous owner was an ex rv'er and was using a Splendide combo unit in the house and left it for us. He was single so I guess it was all he needed. We replaced that unit with a home sized pair and gave some thought to putting the combo in the Bighorn. Lin decided she would rather spend an hour or so at the laundromat once a week rather than several hours a week doing laundry in the rig. We sold the unit to a fellow Heartlander and I believe/hope they are happy with it.
    Ray & Lin
    R.I.P. Suzi
    R.I.P Bart

10. Print this Post   #10
    Heartland Owners Club Manager clubmgr's Avatar

I have a combo unit and love it. This is what I have learned.

Do not overload the washer. I do a load pretty much every day when living in the trailer for extended periods. Put it in after my shower in morning and its done by the time we want to take off.

Use a very good quality fabric softener. No bargain brands.

Use low heat when drying no matter what you are drying.

Jeans, well, they are the worst. I usually taken them out while still damp and "iron" them with my hands on the bed and hang to finish drying. Everything else comes out pretty good. Of course we are talking t-shirts and perma-pressed cotton
    Julie Hancock - Club #1006
    Heartland Owners Club Manager
    club@heartlandowners.org

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast