Why I bought a Bighorn

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Simply because nothing else in it's price range could come close to the quality! Have owned it for 3 years and not one single (not self induced) problem. We live in it about 5 months out of a year............soon to be full time!

bobber

We have lived in our Bighorn fulltime since Oct 2010 and have no complaints. The quality has been great. We have friends with a Landmark and I don't see any difference in the quality. Very glad we made this decision.

JimGriffin

We bought a 2009 bighorn 3400re, we liked the rear entertainment center and the quality. We looked at a lot of trailers and this is the one that we wanted to travel in.

jimtoo

Hi JimGriffin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new Bighorn. The Heartland family is here for you if you need help with anything. Check out the Heartland Owners Club features and benefits and join us in a rally somewhere. Lots of fun, food and new friends.

And another "Jim", we have a lot of Jim's in the Heartland family. But that just makes it easy to remember names...

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

We bought a 2009 bighorn 3400re, we liked the rear entertainment center and the quality. We looked at a lot of trailers and this is the one that we wanted to travel in.

MTPockets

We shopped for four months. Considered for longer than that. Looked at a bunch of 5th wheels from Oregon to Indiana on our return to Florida from Alaska earlier this year. Narrowed the list to five prospects - ruled out the first one when they refused to give a factory tour at their Oregon plant (Komfort). Scheduled factory tours in Indiana at Jayco, Crossroads, Winnegabo, and Big Horn. Contacted dealers and began negotiations for options, etc.... I gotta tell you, we did not buy on price - only quality. Ater the four factory tours crawling around and in units under construction, we felt the best overall quality for the bucks was the Big Horn. Big Horn is built right next to the Landmarks - with the off sheet options Heartland allowed, we feel we got all the Landmark features we wanted on our new Big Horn. The only reason for not buying the Landmark was the size and floor plan - our 3055RL is perfect for us!

Westwind

This was our first Fifthwheel and I had been a member of several owner forums for many years. We had a Sunnybrook travel trailer that had treated us very well, but it did not have slideouts and was just a one season trailer with the bottom and tanks open to the weather.
One of my annual trips was to the Boston Camping show which years ago was huge but reached a point where when the economy bottomed out it wasn't even held. So I had a good feel for what I felt was important to me.
The owners on the forum impressed me so I had narrowed it down to Jayco and Heartland Big Country, but my wife ruled out the Jayco and there were some things I didn't care for but they weren't constuction so they fell into the not important category. Big Country didn't have the washer/dryer positioned facing out on the 3250TS. Again that was a make or break for my wife and I had to agree, it was arkward to use. Then while on the internet searching I found ( 3 ) Bighorn 3070RL's and the prices were in our ball park. While working with the dealers we got what we wanted for a price we could afford. So far very Happy.

K

karykatz

Thanks to everyone for all the positive comments. Our goal is to build the best valued unit in the market place without comprimising on construction and features.

wdk450

Karykatz:
This OPEN forum, Heartland's corporate support of the owner's group, and the involvement in the forum and our occasional problems by brand managers like you, is a MAJOR reason I own a Bighorn.