ATF: North Country - Slide Lights

cocaseco

We own a 26RLS and over the last few trips have had problems with the interior lights in the slide section. Sometimes they come on fine, other times they dont. Sometimes moving the slide, or closing a cabinet will start the lights back up. Obviously there is a short somewhere, but I can't find a schematic or even a basic wiring diagram to start to investigate. Can you point me to the junction box that effects the slide?

jnbhobe

Look in the corner of the slide for a junction box, it could be inside or outside under the slide. Pull the cover and check for a loose wire nut in there. thats the first place I would look.

bryanb70

bryanb
the wiring for the slide is located in a cable train bolte to the rear slide rail under the slide. the wires should start at the breaker/power management center and stop at the wall plates and fixtures with no break or splice. look for damage to the cable train and that is likely the location of the short. if you cannot find damage to the train then you can either run new wiring start to stop or have your service center troubleshoot and fix it