Laundry chute

Where to put the laundry basket?? Anyone thought of making a laundry shoot with some kind of trap door into the front storage compartment? Toss all the dirty laundry down the shoot into a basket.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Heartland used to (and may still) have this in their Sundance line of 5th Wheel trailers. It worked OK and many people use it. If the space is there in the North Trail then you could probably retrofit something. However, I'd look at some kind of extra support if you decide to cut a hole in the floor.

happycampernc

Wish we had a laundry chute in our Sundance, but sadly we don't. Gus I don't think Heartland puts them in any more.

Where to put the laundry basket?? Anyone thought of making a laundry shoot with some kind of trap door into the front storage compartment? Toss all the dirty laundry down the shoot into a basket.

Sorry to dig up an old post. We actually just did this on our 07. We used the open area on the bed side where the basement storage is and cut into the storage area and sat a mesh laundry basket below. I luckily found a nice door that matches almost perfectly.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1140...s/5742477497575729169?authkey=CPn1ws-32-naigE

ZNK

Personally I think this allows more ability for entrance into your rig. Allowing access through the storage compartment. In addition it takes away valuable storage space in the compartment. Its a good idea, just not for me.

Zack

Sumo

We have a laundry chute in our 5th wheel. Works great, and the basket of dirty clothes is ez to retrieve.

CliffP

Sorry to dig up an old post. We actually just did this on our 07. We used the open area on the bed side where the basement storage is and cut into the storage area and sat a mesh laundry basket below. I luckily found a nice door that matches almost perfectly.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1140...s/5742477497575729169?authkey=CPn1ws-32-naigE

Nice job! We keep too many other things in our pass through to do this. We have lift supports for the bed on the to do list. How about a tip out drawer under the bed to access a clothes basket?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Have it and Love it. After the end of the trip, just open up the front compartment and pull the basket out. Works great for our needs.

Jamie

Just figured out how to do this for next season. I'm going to cut out an opening under the side of the bed to slide laundry baskets underneath. We never store anything under the bed anyway. Slide the baskets out when you put clothes in and there out of the way till we get home

priorguy

Have you cut the hole yet? I think it's a great idea for a storage area we don't make use of anyway. I also thought under the bottom bunk wold be a good place. For now, our 2 year old doesn't use too much space on the bottom double bunk so we put it there.

DonnyB007

We got a small washer spin dryer that fits pricesly by the master bed. We throw our dirty clothes in it and when it is full, we just attach it to the taps and our wash is done. We also got a special super spin dryer (3500 RPM) that pretty much dries the clothes. Usually, a short period of hanging will dry everything out on a portable clothes hanger.

image.jpg

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had one in our 2008 Bighorn in the landing at the top of the stairs. Loved it! It was a trap door with a enclosed storage box that held a full sized laundry basket...there was not access to the cargo bay...it was actually hidden in the "basement" area where the furnace, water pump, plumbling was enclosed.

Luckily in the Landmark there is a space in the cabinet in the bathroom that holds a collapsible (net) laundry basket...a little tricky getting in and out as the door hits the toilet, but I only need to get the basket out once a week...works fine.