ATF: Cyclone - Does the Cyclone 4012 garage have a heater vent

rickj202

Does the 2008 Cyclone 4012 garage have a heater vent. If not what does the thermostat control in the garage?

Thanks,

Rick

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Rick and welcom to the forum. This is a great place to share information about our rigs.
You will most likely get your question answered by a Cyclone owner.
Is this rig new to you?

Peace
Dave

PUG

Pug
In my 3950 the thermostat controlled the fantastic fan. Mine does not have AC or heat in the garage. If I need heat back there I leave door open or use an electric heater.

rickj202

Is it possible to add a heater vent the garage? If so, has anyone had experience doing this? How far does the duct run between the garage and the vent inside between the slides?

Thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I'm sure it could be done. You could tap into the heater plunum and run insulated flex duct to the rear and install a floor register. Maybe a days work after you gather up all the parts. You will have to gain access to the plunum and drop the underbelly. OR, you could buy a nice space heater. The thermostat is for the roof vent.

porthole

Retired
Does the 2008 Cyclone 4012 garage have a heater vent. If not what does the thermostat control in the garage?

No. Easiest is a small electric.

Here is what one member did.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...arage-of-my-3010-(Pics)?highlight=garage+heat

DW_Gray

Thanks,

Rick

My 4012 has an air conditioning vent but it doesn't do a very good job at all. I just leave the interior door open during hot weather. As stated above, the thermostat is only for the fantastic fan. I'll turn on the fan for a while to draw out the hot air and when garage starts to cool, I turn the fan off. I purchased a tiny (about 8" square) Sunbeam 1500 watt ceramic heater from Walmart for the garage and it will melt you. The floor will stay cold no matter what.