cyclone roofs

jbeletti

Hey gang,

Sorry about the error in me reporting CY and RW moving to TPO roofs. This is not the case as AJ points out. CY and RW use EPDM.

Thanks,

Jim

JasonShrout

Aj,
as an estimate for the 42ft cyclone, how much would it cost to replace the rubber? Could rhino liner be an effective alternate (especially if the roof is frequently used)?

Lynn1130

Rhino is a very interesting idea. I wonder about added weight but I would think that it would hold up well. If anyone saw "Myth Busters'" tests with it they would be convinced. If 2 lbs of C4 can't get through it, walking on it sure would not hurt it.

Last edited:

JasonShrout

As I understand it, the roof is load bearing. At most, it'd only be 3/4 lb per sq. ft.. The cost might be to problem. estimate it at $5-7 per sq. ft.. On the upside, you'd never have to worry about hail.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
That and if 2lbs of C4 goes off inside your RV at least the Roof will still be there... :). But keep in mind that the bed liner does chip and peel as it get's older. I have a 2005 PU and my bed liner is starting to fail, and there is less flex in the bed of my truck than there would be on the roof of my cyclone.