EVENT: Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally: NC, Waynesville - 10/12/2012 to 10/14/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader

Venue:
------------------------------
  • N.C. & S.C. Joint Fall Rally @ Creekwood Farm RV Park
  • 4696 Jonathan Creek Rd.
  • Waynesville, NC 28785
  • 800-862-8110 or 828-926-7977 Be sure to tell the campground that you are with the Heartland Group.Once you have made your reservation please let us know so we can include you in our attendee list.
  • www.creekwoodfarmrv.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: /A
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee:
Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 25
  • Site fee: $$39.00 off creek, $47.00 on creek per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00 per rig
  • Potluck: Yes

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What a great place for a rally. Must put this on our "to do" list.

trdeal

We rode through the cg a couple weeks ago and really liked it. Hope to see you there.

trdeal

Archie and Barbara, Good to hear from you. We hope you can attend. As you said we should be about right for the fall color change. It is hard to say when the peak change will be,but I am sure there will be lots of colors to see.

Wolfpackers

Oh goodness, you have picked a great area to camp in. I'll make a few comments now while they are on my mind. If we see we will be around, we may be able to make this rally.

1. Go see the elk that are nearby, they are rutting that time of year.
2. If any of you are square dancers, the next RV park down the road (Pride RV Resort) has a Tuesday nite dance with some awesome callers. It's owned by Grand Square and Jerry Story & Tony Oxendine are two of the main callers...they built a new building with a floating floor for square dancing.
3. take a picnic and go to Max Patch. It's an open area on top of a mountain...beautiful views. All I can tell you is that it is accessed from exit 7 on I-40...get good directions before you head there. It's a short walk with moderate incline from the parking lot to the top...maybe 10-15 minutes.

Gotta check out this Diamond K Dance Ranch Terry....never heard of it....do you know more ?

Brent

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Michelle and will try to make the rally have to see how the vacation work out for next year. The area is very nice and a lot of things to do.

trdeal

Oh goodness, you have picked a great area to camp in. I'll make a few comments now while they are on my mind. If we see we will be around, we may be able to make this rally.

1. Go see the elk that are nearby, they are rutting that time of year.
2. If any of you are square dancers, the next RV park down the road (Pride RV Resort) has a Tuesday nite dance with some awesome callers. It's owned by Grand Square and Jerry Story & Tony Oxendine are two of the main callers...they built a new building with a floating floor for square dancing.
3. take a picnic and go to Max Patch. It's an open area on top of a mountain...beautiful views. All I can tell you is that it is accessed from exit 7 on I-40...get good directions before you head there. It's a short walk with moderate incline from the parking lot to the top...maybe 10-15 minutes.

Gotta check out this Diamond K Dance Ranch Terry....never heard of it....do you know more ?

Brent
Hi Brent. Hope you guys can make the rally. Thanks for the info on things to do in the area. We will have to check them out. I don't know anything about the Diamond K Dance Ranch, but they do have a website. It is www.thediamondkdanceranch.com . Hope this helps.

trdeal

Michelle and will try to make the rally have to see how the vacation work out for next year. The area is very nice and a lot of things to do.
Dale it is a nice area. Easy access from I-40. Hopefully you guys can work it out to join us.

lduguay

Hey Terry & Larry, (hmmmm, terry & larry.....such a nice ring to that :rolleyes:)

The Duguay's are set up on site 48 (creekside, only a few of those left so book your site soon) for Thursday night thru Sunday. T & L, we all might have to do a weekend up there before the Rally!!

See y'all soon!!!!!! Hey, year 2......does this mean we are no longer RV ROOKIES??!! :cool:

Lance

hillsonwheels

Lance.........don't go counting your "rookies" before they're hatched! :rolleyes: Strange things happen when backing into a spot!! :eek:

Dick

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Terry & Larry, (hmmmm, terry & larry.....such a nice ring to that :rolleyes:)

The Duguay's are set up on site 48 (creekside, only a few of those left so book your site soon) for Thursday night thru Sunday. T & L, we all might have to do a weekend up there before the Rally!!

See y'all soon!!!!!! Hey, year 2......does this mean we are no longer RV ROOKIES??!! :cool:

Lance

I kid of like "Phil and Lance" better!!!
bow.gif

trdeal

I kid of like "Phil and Lance" better!!!
bow.gif
Larry,I like the Phil and Lance thing better too. Lance, the "rookie" handbook plainly states that a rookie shall remain a rookie until said rookie washes and waxes his favorite chapter leaders rig and or cleans his favorite chapter leaders sewer hose.

trdeal

Lance and Kem, We are glad that you have decided to join us at the rally. A trip before the rally sounds good to us. Maybe we can get a small group together and make a test run.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Oh my - this is getting a little deep!!! If ya'll are up for a spring visit - we might be up for it.

lduguay

Larry,I like the Phil and Lance thing better too. Lance, the "rookie" handbook plainly states that a rookie shall remain a rookie until said rookie washes and waxes his favorite chapter leaders rig and or cleans his favorite chapter leaders sewer hose.

"ROOKIE HANDBOOK"!!!??? Hmmmmm, never did receive a copy:confused:

OK, being the good sport that I am, just tow those Landmarks that my "favorite" Carolina "Big Buck" Chapter Leaders own and bring them to my house......not sure if you could ever get them OUT of our cul-de-sac...but I sure the experienced of a Sage Chapter Leader could handle the backin up challenge of those BIG rigs!!
And as a "RV rookie", I promise to get all that dirt & grime off with my power sander and sand blaster.....and with a little touch up spray paint, I will get em shining like almost new and maybe even re tape a few of those decals back on. As a bonus, I have plenty of extra sewer hose for us AND the NC/SC Chapter Leaders:rolleyes:

On the Early camping question, is the CG open in Feb/March? If so, we are open Feb 17th & March 2nd weekends........Let DO IT!!!!

Your Humble Former Rookie,

:angel:Lance

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Who's that Phil you were referring to? I'm in for an early trip. We looked at the calendar and the fall weekend is a race weekend for us so we won't be able to go. To much money investested in tickets and we can afford those Landmarks!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I'm searching for my hip waders!!!:rolleyes: It is getting very deep. Starting to wonder the company we are mingling with. :p

Guess I had better get busy and make those reservations.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.