Yellowstone Trip Planning

Family is planning our May trip to Yellowstone. Anybody got any good suggestions on a RV park around the Casper area. We are planning on drive half way one day then the rest to Fishermans Bridge.

Thanks and Happy New Year

jolar3329

May might be too early. I was there once in the beginning of July and they had just cleared the road to old faithful. The RV park inside Yellowstone by the fisherman's bridge is the only one with electricity.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
It's not uncommon for the east entrance of the park to be closed for days at a time in May due to heavy snow on Sylvan Pass. We have stayed overnight at the KOA in Casper. Not much to it but it was quiet.

Last edited:
I agree with the others May could be too early. I am a Texan who grew up going to Yellowstone because we always had to go on vacation the week of July 4th because my mother's job shut down for that week. I have played in the snow on July the 4th. My husband took me back 2 yrs a go for our 25th anniversary. We stay in Douglas in a little city park called Riverside Park, Douglas, Wy. Found it by accident has no hookup but is the cuties little park by the side of the river and you can just pull in and spend the night and it is free. They had nice restrooms with showers. For just a night's stay it was great. If you have time Douglas is a nice town to check out. If you want a beautiful drive into Yellowstone I really recommend the east enterance coming thur Cody and leaving thur the south enterance and the Grand Tetons. I think we stayed at an RV park called East Yellowstone between Cody and Yellowstone about 20 miles from the east gate was very happy with it. If you are staying in Yellowstone make your reservation early they go fast for the summer any mostly dry camping.

Texaseagle
Jim and Selena Hart