Delaware Camp-out; get-together

MandJ

Re: Camp-out; get-together

Deb, I'll pass the message along to Shirley and Paula. I am sure you will have opportunities to see as many pictures as you can stand since we will have our laptop along. We get on a roll when we start talking about our Alaska trip, so I am also sure you will have to stop us when your ears shut down.
Marie :rolleyes:

gschaaf

Sorry to say we're going to miss this one we are heading south at that time. I mean waaaay! south. We'll miss y'all but we'll see ya in VA rally. I'll have to catch up with John and Marie to see those Alaska pics and talk about the trip. Stay warm!!!!!

truknutt

Committed Member

We'll be in C-06 April 27-29. Move over Duane, you're crowding me!! :eek:

dieselsweetheart

Yay~ this is getting to be quite a group!!! Marie, Dave, Nona, and Jim and myself will join you on that conversation about AK since we were there in August. You'll have the RV aspect, we'll just add the cruise/land tour info... glad you and John will be joining us!!!

dieselsweetheart

Geez...forgot I had this thread going...I thought I only had it on the Facebook Heartland page....

Ok, time is ticking down for our little campout. Looks like we will have 100% participation from the (known) DE contingents....

Let's talk food. Our favorite topic!

Potluck!!!! Saturday evening at 6p.

Who can bring what? We can have appetizers, main, sides, and desserts.

Each person supply their own drinks...

I'm hoping for some good rain over the next week or so...it's so dry here...not sure about restrictions on campfires...

Things to do on Saturday.... I will have info when we all get there on Friday.

Jim and I will be staying there on Thursday night too. I am working 1/2 day so I will be back to camp by 2p Friday.

dalspot

I guess I should mention that we are on B-4. Y'all will get to meet our 2 ****atians... Errr Dalmatians this trip. Cheryl we might come down Thursday after work.
Making Candied Kielbasa for the pot luck.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Cheryl, how many rigs do we have total. Are we the 7 that have posted here or are there more coming?

I will be making fried chicken on biscuits with lettuce tomato and a special sauce otherwise known as ranch dressing! Mmmmmm!

dieselsweetheart

Deb, I do believe it's just us 7. No one new added lately. Thanks!

Karen, was hoping you'd make some of your cornbread you made for last fall...that was wonderful!

dieselsweetheart

Update for those of you joining us this w/e.

Apparently 4 inches of rain all w/e wasn't enough to lift the fire ban here in DE. So that means no fire. Hmmmm...gonna have to think of something else to entertain us.

If anyone would NOT like to cook or prep a meal for Friday night after docking, I thought we could run over to the Frederica Pizza and Pasta House for some grub. We just tried out the pizza there tonight (have to try it before I let my friends eat there)..and it was pretty good. The restaurant is nice inside, and has a bar too. It wasn't too busy tonight (even with the polling place at the firehouse across the street) but the waitress told me Fridays are busy, so I can call Friday to have them reserve seats for us.

So if you'd like to do that, and not cook, let me know. The restaurant is about 5 miles (or less) from the park.

Nona has already told me she's not up for cooking!

porthole

Retired

Update for those of you joining us this w/e.

Apparently 4 inches of rain all w/e wasn't enough to lift the fire ban here in DE. So that means no fire. Hmmmm...gonna have to think of something else to entertain us.

How about the little red "campout" propane fire? We have one of those.

Attachments

• little_red_campfire.jpg
    little_red_campfire.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 6

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Cheryl, we don't expect to be there until around 6:30 so we won't be going out for Pizza with y'all. Enjoy!

dieselsweetheart

I'm still holding out hope for a rain-less weekend....DE doesn't have it's own TV station, so we are living through Philadelphia. But usually what they get, we get.

I am bringing sides for the potluck.