Washing and waxing??? body paint

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Did a search for this and did find this thread that Jim posted a while back.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/14217-Exterior-Paint-Care-for-your-Heartland-RV

What the manual in this thread doesn't recommend is what product or products to use on the paint.

Do you treat the paint like an automotive exterior because of the clear-coat or do you treat like a fiberglass paint like you would a corvette?
Just a note, I did go on a corvette forum to do some research. (I am sure glad that we don't have crude and rude people here like some of the posts that I read there).

How about 303??? A friend recommended this last week and the area I did looks great but what if any are the long term affects of using this product? Reading the labels on the 303 says it is fine but then it probably would...

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Michael, the 303 is pretty easy but I have a hard time making sure I get an even coverage over the dark areas. I always seem to get streaks.
BTW, I heard some people use it on their cars too. You ever try that?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I did not use it on the truck or van yet. But at some point I am sure I will. I had a couple of guys do the coach and they used the spray bottle and sprayed an area and wiped it off. Then went to another area. Looks good to be. I would definitively use it again, but with what they charged me I could have bought another coach :(. So I will be doing it my self next time.

jandm

I've used 303 for several years.I use it inside & out. When we got our new rig we went over all the wood work & did the exterior from roof to tires. On the outside I re-do 4x a year & 1x a year inside. Outside bugs & marks to be washed off without the normal scrubing, inside gives woodwork shine & cuts down on dusting.