EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IL, Lena - 9/13/2012 to 9/16/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Illinios Chapter Leader-Retired
Thanks Kenny & Kathy for your hospitality as Event Leaders. We thoroughly enjoyed our first Heartland Rally! We rolled into the Lena KOA not knowing a soul and left with, well I'm quite sure what we left with, but we felt sort of warm and fuzzy all over. Seriously, we were glad we particpated and had the opportunity to meet this great group of people. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels to all!

Paul & Elaine Schmidt

HOC Member#2251

khalsey

Thanks Ken & Kathy and everyone else who made the Rally a fun time. Diane & I had a great time and will be looking forward to next year's Rally. It Took us 3 hours to drive the 170 miles then we went to church yesterday evening and it took us 1 1/2 hr to drive the 12 miles. Joliet's finest stopped the northbound traffic on SR53 and emptied all the Chiagoland Raceway parking lots while we sat there and watched every kind of vehicle except horse & buggy go by.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We made it home safe and sound. I just wanted to thank everyone for coming to the rally it was the best ever!! I would like to thank all the ladies for their help on all the pot lucks 7 of them i think every day as folks got to Lena we had a pot luck them sit around the camp fire and laughed. FUN FUN FUN can't wait till next year!! We hated to say good-bye to everyone but with luck we will see all real soon be safe all. We had a blast!!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Thanks Ken & Kathy and everyone else who made the Rally a fun time. Diane & I had a great time and will be looking forward to next year's Rally. It Took us 3 hours to drive the 170 miles then we went to church yesterday evening and it took us 1 1/2 hr to drive the 12 miles. Joliet's finest stopped the northbound traffic on SR53 and emptied all the Chiagoland Raceway parking lots while we sat there and watched every kind of vehicle except horse & buggy go by.

Sorry, I was a part of that Chicagoland Raceway traffic. I-80 east was backup up fro SR-53 to I-355 with all the race traffic.
We ended up going west on I-80 to I-55 to get out from the delays and only took us about 10 minute to get from our parking lot to I-80.

katkens

Well, have to say I had a great time! I don't think I laughed that much in years, was a really fun group of club members. It was great to meet old friends and to make a few new ones. Thanks to all for the great help , I couldn't have pulled it off without you all. Special thanks to poor old Bill for all the cooking help,you really came through. Thanks everyone had fun,fun fun...........Kenny

Ernhrt398

Had a great time and really enjoyed helping out. After all that fun , I get home and in the mail is a summons for jury duty.
I just hope the Mo. Rally is half the fun we had in Lena, Thank you Ken & Kathy for a Great Time.

bacaye

We had a great time and hoping next year will be better for me. Still not up to doing a lot. My ankle is huge tonight so propped up while doing laundry. We are set up for the Missouri Rally and think this is going to be a relaxing one for me!! I do not think I have a choice!...I am glad I pushed to be able to go to Lena!! Kenny and Kathy, thank you so much for all you have done and for making everyone feel so welcome.

jnbhobe

Kat and Kenny; As you know we had a great time!! We'll be there again next year. We are 1/2 way to the Minnasota rally now sitting beside the Mississippi river in De- Soto Wi. we will get there on Wed. Miss ya already!!

chasdvorak

Thanks to Ken and Kathy for putting together another great rally. And special thanks to Dave, Jan, Jon and all the other supervisors that taught us how to grease them wheel bearings. This rally was a perfect recipe....good friends - new and old, great weather, fun times and a ton of food - who could ask for more???

Safe Travels

Chuck and Reggie

Tool958

Just wanted to say thank-you to Ken & Kathy and anyone else involved in making this years Illinois Rally such a great success. We had a ball and got to meet a great bunch of people for the first time. You all made us feel welcome and made some new friends. Sheila said to tell you that she got filled up on cinnamon sticks and doesn't believe she wants anymore. LOL

Went on to Shipshewana from Lena and spent three days there. Got to go through the Heartland factory while we were there. That was really interesting. Got to look over the new Cyclone 3010 changes that have been made. I was really impressed with the Cyclone 4100. That is quite a rig. Trouble is, we would have to get a different truck, to pull something like that. Talk about a monster rig! Got to see Amy Grant on Wednesday night. She was really good. The opening act called Red Roots was really something. They are 18 year old triplets that are red headed, thus the name of the band. They are a very talented group of sisters from I believe MS., that is gospel and a country background. I would highly recommend them if you ever get a chance to see them. They are supposed to be opening for several acts in Shipshewana, Dolly World, etc.

Again, thanks for a wonderful time in Lena. Hope to make it again for next years rally and hopefully the Goshen National Rally.

Last edited:

katkens

Don & Shiela , was nice to meet you and hope to see ya next year. Tell Shelia I will not offer her candy again but might have something else to give her next time,so watch out.....LOL....Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.