3685 Satellite Receiver

stevebotts

Where does the satellite receiver go in the new Big Horn 3685. Behind a wooden door? Do you have to leave the door open while watching TV? Is the space large enough for the receiver to sit on it's bottom or does it have to sit on it's side? Don't think it would stay that way during travel. Maybe someone from the factory can answer this question. We were getting ready to sign a contract on one this coming week, until we started wondering about this issue.

GOTTOYS

I can't imagine that would be the only thing to keep me from buying one. I'm thinking it would work if behind a door, although I haven't tried mine yet. They operate off of radio waves not a line of site. My remote works at home from a different room if I want it to. I'm sure I could figure something out...Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Steve, I'm not sure where the receiver would go but from the pictures on the website, I would think in the cabinet to the right of the fireplace. We have a Direct TV HD DVR and there are 2 remotes available. One is RF and the other is direct line of site. SO, a lot depends on your receiver and it's capabilities as well as which remote you have. The HD DVR needs to be set up for the specific remote you have. It will work with either one.
For what it's worth, I wouldn't let the receivers location be the basis on choosing your purchase. Anything can be modified to suit your needs. Make your decision based on your floorplan needs, customer service and dealer service. And of course, the best bang for your buck.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Steve, I sent you a PM. Also, to stop any movement, put some velcro on the receiver feet. Works good for me.

jandm

We put our receiver on the counter to the left of the TV.There in an elect. outlet there & I used a strip of double sided tape as a "tie down" so it is one less thing to stow priod to getting underway.If you want to remove the receiver when your rig is not in use dental floss breakes the bond wnen used as a "saw".