Portable Ice maker? Any Thoughts?

GETnBYE

All cons from here. We use it all of the time and love it. We bought it when we were at the Goshin rally at a store called meyers for right at 100 dollars and have saved twice that much from buying ice. Took the one out of the freezer so now we have mor freezer spase for the bagged ice

Did you mean to say "All Pros"?
I am sure everyone knows what you meant, but you know I can't pass up a chance to pick at you AL!!

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
What brand filtered pitcher do you have? That is a great idea. The campgrounds we go to in Louisiana have bad tasting water, so we buy gallons of water to drink, use for cooking, and to fill our Emerson icemaker from Target. We love it too.

We also used the website above : got good price and fast delivery. The ice maker has paid for itself already. I don't freeze much of the ice unless I am planning to use it in the cooler for the drive home. I use right out of the maker for drinks or fill coolers up. I love mine.
Note: It does not keep the ice frozen, it will melt over time, but the ice maker continues to make ice so I don't have a problem with it melting. We use a filter pitcher to fill it up just in case we have bad tasting water at a campsite.
Hope that helps.

edit: Sorry, the quotes did not include the first post about compact appliance website.

GETnBYE

What brand filtered pitcher do you have? That is a great idea. The campgrounds we go to in Louisiana have bad tasting water, so we buy gallons of water to drink, use for cooking, and to fill our Emerson icemaker from Target. We love it too.

I use the Pur pitcher, it was just cheaper than brita when I was buying. I am sure they are equally as good. I just take the filter out of the jug and drain it and store it in a glass in the cabinet with a few paper towels in the bottom of the glass. Next trip, I just dunk it in water again to soak and put it back in the pitcher. I know it needs replacing when it starts to filter very slowly.