2011 F250 and Greystone 27RK

Dementlr

Anyone using a 2011 F250 short bed, crew cab, 4x4 with 20" wheels to tow a 27RK?
i wil be ordering the trailer and I am wondering if I will need to modify truck or trailer to have enough clearance. I am thinking Pullrite Superglide or Reese Elite slider.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The newer trucks are a little taller. Hitches are a personal preference. Normally you wont need a slider with a HL product. As far as height....you can adjust the hitch or pinbox to get 5-6" of clearance. You might need airbags if your rig does not set level when hooked up and loaded for travel. Make sure that your truck if full of fuel when you pick up the trailer. That way you will be close to the normal pulling weight. The thing to remember is that food, clothes, and junk you carry in the basement weigh more than you think. Anything forward of the axles is weight on the pin. You will be fine. You just have to fine tune things after you load your trailer.

Crumgater

Diesel?

We tried pulling our Elk Ridge with a 1995 F250 V8 (gas), and while it was within ratings and could pull it... we didn't feel safe. The 2011 probably has better brakes than our '95, though. We were told that the gas engine would do fine, as long as we were OK listening to the engine run at high RPMs, doing 25 mph over the mt. passes.

We now have a 2008 F350 Diesel, which does a great job and is much more comfortable to drive. Very happy with our upgrade!
-T

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
You should'nt need a slider hitch. Your trailer will likely sit nose high but can be corrected somewhat with new 16" wheels and quality tires. (will need new tires anyways)

ncc1701e

Anyone using a 2011 F250 short bed, crew cab, 4x4 with 20" wheels to tow a 27RK?
i wil be ordering the trailer and I am wondering if I will need to modify truck or trailer to have enough clearance. I am thinking Pullrite Superglide or Reese Elite slider.

The picture is of a 2011 F250 Short Bed and a Sundance 2800RL. The specs between the two trailers are very similar. I did not have a slider hitch. Never felt I need one in any situation I was in with this setup. The truck had a 6.2L Gas engine. Took the tailer to Rapid City, SD and through the Smoky Mountains in TN with not issues. The truck has 18" wheels. Enjoy.

Feb 2011.JPG