Need info on manual operation for slide out

orlstgo

Hello frends:
I am new with Heartland and wanted to ask a question about hou to manually crank a slide out in case of any power or mechanical failure.
Recently I bought a 2012 Heartland Wilderness Wd 2650bh travel trailer. After reviewing the owners manual, I found information about the slide out. But in order to perform a manual crank incase of any problem, I needed to consult the manufacture documentation. I looked everywhere and did not find any document about the slide out system of the camper. Does anyone know who is the manufacture who build the slide out system for this rv?
I tried to check underneat the rv and see if I could find the motor,but everything is covered.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Orlstgo. Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Heartland Family.
There is a lot of good information to be found here.
Sorry I cant help you with the slide information. Have you looked in the WIKI?
Or maybe a call to Heartland Customer Service to find out who made the slide mechanism.
Enjoy you new Wilderness.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

wdk450

ORLSTGO:
If you can find out from Heartland service what brand of slide you have, there are manuals available on THIS website. Go to the top of this page, click on "Tools", then click on "Heartland Owners Manuals". There will be a list of trailer subsytems across the top of the page including "Slideouts" with 2 manufacturers of slideouts listed.
If your trailer has something else, and the manual is available online, please notify the webmasters/moderators with the URL so it can be posted for everyone else.

Last edited:

orlstgo

Thank you Bill for your reply.
The slide out is made by Norco \ BAL . I read the document and it explain that I need to use a Flex Shaft in case that I need to manually crank the slide out.
My problem is that the RV did not come with a Flex Shaft, so I called the dealer, but I have not heard from them yet. I also contacted Norco, but they gave me two website that I could use to order one, but one of the site is not online and the other one does not has the part.
In addition, the motor is on top of the slide and the slide out is very large. Even if I have the tools I need to manually retract the slide out, I wont be able to reach the override connector after the slide out is half way in.
I am not sure if there is another way to manually override the slide out crank either outside or inside, and now I am starting to feel that I did not make a good choice.

Willym

I've heard of some owners finding the flex shaft behind the trim that you have to remove in order to access the motor. You could take off the trim and look.

Thank you Bill for your reply.
The slide out is made by Norco \ BAL . I read the document and it explain that I need to use a Flex Shaft in case that I need to manually crank the slide out.
My problem is that the RV did not come with a Flex Shaft, so I called the dealer, but I have not heard from them yet. I also contacted Norco, but they gave me two website that I could use to order one, but one of the site is not online and the other one does not has the part.
In addition, the motor is on top of the slide and the slide out is very large. Even if I have the tools I need to manually retract the slide out, I wont be able to reach the override connector after the slide out is half way in.
I am not sure if there is another way to manually override the slide out crank either outside or inside, and now I am starting to feel that I did not make a good choice.

wdk450

ORLSTGO:
I would go to the top left of the Portal page and both call and e-mail Heartland Service about this problem. Specifically ask that the Wilderness Product Manager be informed/included in this communication. I have found that the Product Manager for my product line (Bighorn), named Cary Katzenberg is VERY proactive about solving owners problems and correcting issues on future Heartland builds.

Last edited:

orlstgo

Thank you everyone. I contacted the manufacture and they will send me the missing "Flex Shaft" by mail. Also, I did spoke with someone in the dealer's service department, but they did not know anything about that. The only said that the motor is on top of the slide and with a drill I should be able to manually move the slide.
Still, the slide out is not efficient because if I have to manually extract the slide, I will never be able to reach it even with the Flex Shaft.
I better get the Good Sam Roadside assitance in case I need help to move that slide if I have a problem with. :confused:
If someone has a model with a Accu Slide system and know about an alternate way to manually crank the slide, please let me know.

scooter75

Has anyone found out how to reach the slide motor on the Wilderness. We just purchased 2750RL. The slides works perfect, but thinking ahead ( just in case). We have the FLEX SHAFT. How would you reach the motor when it mounted on the outside wall?:confused:

scooter75

Re: Need info on manual operation for slide out Solved!

Has anyone found out how to reach the slide motor on the Wilderness. We just purchased 2750RL. The slides works perfect, but thinking ahead ( just in case). We have the FLEX SHAFT. How would you reach the motor when it mounted on the outside wall?:confused:

We purchased a 3ft extension shaft for our drill and attached the flex shaft to it (with duct tape) and will reach the motor just fine. Have not tested yet, but it should work fine.:rolleyes: