greystone 33ck- what would you change

Rckyview

We have been rving for many years, never had a heartland product. Thinking about the greystone 33ck. Appears to have more room in bunk bed room, the outside kitchen, the closed in bathroom,large closet in the master and good outside storage with the great closers. Wondering what changes people have made? What they don't like about the floorplan? Our last trailer was of lower quality and had to replace many shelves, fix drawers and add shelves. Will we be doing these things again? Outdoor kitchens in general do you like them, are they worth the loss of space in the bunk room? I know lots of questions. Hope you will be able to help me out.

archbarb

We have been rving for many years, never had a heartland product. Thinking about the greystone 33ck. Appears to have more room in bunk bed room, the outside kitchen, the closed in bathroom,large closet in the master and good outside storage with the great closers. Wondering what changes people have made? What they don't like about the floorplan? Our last trailer was of lower quality and had to replace many shelves, fix drawers and add shelves. Will we be doing these things again? Outdoor kitchens in general do you like them, are they worth the loss of space in the bunk room? I know lots of questions. Hope you will be able to help me out.

First of all you are looking at a company that I feel makes a very good product. We are seeing more and more of the Greystones on the road as we travel more.

Never have had a unit with the outdoor kitchen, but I don't think we would ever use it enough to justify having it. It would be a great feature if you tailgated alot. But for us its all about indoor living space!!!!!

Archie

jimtoo

Hi Rckyview,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm not gonna say you will not have a problem, but Heartland builds a very good unit and has great customer support. We all make some changes to our units, just to make it ours. Hope to see you in your Greystone at a rally someplace.

Jim M

Geodude

We love our 33CK overall. We initially wanted something with a half bathroom but then the bunk rooms are too small. It's nice having a great big area for the kids to hang out it on a rainy day or before bed. The outdoor kitchen, for us, is used constantly. Cooking is 50-50 between inside and out but that fridge is a huge hit, as is the storage space.

What I think could be improved is it didn't come with an outside stove, so that is taking a bit of fiddling to find something that works on that swing-out counter. Heartland should have provided one, with a permanent propane connection. We also wish the awning were longer, but with the roof line that would be difficult. We sometimes just put our FirstUp awning in that area and/or over the outside kitchen area.

A minor thing, there are two blue lights on the front, apparently for hitching up, but they are pointed straight ahead so all they do is blind you. I'd prefer if these were pointed down at 45 degrees. I would like to adjust them but I don't see a way to do that. Maybe the fine folks from Heartland will chime in here and advise.

The trailer is well built, nicely insulated so it is quick to warm up in cool weather and cools nicely in the hot weather. Customer service from Heartland was super for one time we had to get some parts.

bowhunt73

Rckyview,

We were is the same situation as you. Our last SOB TT was falling apart also. You will love Heartland products. I have the 33CK. I've waited years for this layout. We absolutely love the outdoor kitchen. That fridge can freeze anything fast. Those stoves that others are installing don't have the BTUs to do what I need. I have a three burner campchef stove and I bought a hose to hook into the quick disconnect that comes with the 33CK. I was actually happy to have a drawer instead. We also wanted a 1/2 bath but it chews up too much of the kitchen cabinets or bunk room depending on the brand that you're looking at. I also didn't like having a slide coming out on the hang-out side of my unit. Basically, get all of the upgrades that you can get. There aren't many like electric jacks, ceiling fan, bigger furnance / ac, have the factory install your fantastic fans in the bedroom and bunk room or at least prep for it. I didn't and I'm not sure how big of a job yet. Get an air hitch. It's like a night and day differnece in your pull. I didn't get the couch in the bunk room. I like the idea of not having to make the couch into a bed every night.

As for the lights that was mentioned above. I have two spotter lights (orange) that can shine on the bed area, but I have a factory switch to turn them off and on on the outside of the camper. I've seen some that are white lenses, but they must have switch to orange incase you forget to flip the switch before pulling away. Looks like they fixed the issue mentioned above or just forgot to on the post above.

Regrets.....I wish that I would have order a 4 or 6 point leveling system that can lift the unit off the ground so that I could have rolled it into my loan. Safety is first. I hate maintenance work due to the jacking up of the trailer. Prep the two vent areas for fantastic fans or factory install. Have the factory install bunk rails or at least provide the wood. I need to call and order wood.

Initial quality issues.....not much. A couple of minor things. My biggest was a bad seal on one of my greys and a bad wire on my plug.

This forum is awesome. They have a club that you can join and the people online are wonderful.

Take care.