Happy New Owners - Finally

tcfake613

After much negotiating, thinking, dreaming, waiting, thinking more, negotiating, and waiting... we finally picked up the Bighorn 3685RL from RV Outlet USA this past weekend.

First of all, thanks for information posted about RV Outlet USA on this forum. We could not have had a better experience! What a great group of people. Although they are far away (we don't have any local dealers here in Central PA) it was well worth the trip. Thanks to Bill, BJ, Mike, John and all the service techs that helped us out answering questions and making adjustments during our PDI. I have to say, we had very few issues, all minor.

We left Central PA in a driving rain at 4:00 am on Friday and got to Danville, VA around noon to sunny and 65, perfect for PDI. We actually spent about 4 hours inspecting the rig.

This coach is stunning. There isn't a thing we don't like... although at 39' 9" it is quite big. It doesn't feel big while towing though. Tows much better than my previous rig.

The rig is now sitting in my driveway. I can't seem to bring myself to take it to the storage lot. Hurry up spring, that's all I got to say!

Now where do I sign up for that owners club.....

IMG_2398.jpg

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Keep it in the drive way. You have lots of things to do to it, you just don't know it yet! Check on the forum under modifications under each rig and pickup on some of the ideas. Have fun!

truknutt

Committed Member
Well that's a fine lookin' rig you have there! Welcome to the world of Heartland RVs. You should consider joining us in Bedford this June so you can show it off!!

JJOren

Congratulations Tim and Janet!!!

That's a great looking rig and one that we're sure you will enjoy for years to come!!!!

BTW, we understand about your reluctance to take it to the storage lot...LOL We loved our Landmark so much we just moved in instead of storing it!!!!...LOL

fast900

I too purchased my BC 3550 there. I wasnt impressed with my salesman but I really only talked to him for a few minutes. I spent most of my time with the owner and the techs who really went out of their way to makes us feel comortable with our decision. I WILL DEFINATELY GO BACK NEXT TIME

tcfake613

Well that's a fine lookin' rig you have there! Welcome to the world of Heartland RVs. You should consider joining us in Bedford this June so you can show it off!!

We are thinking about that truknutt. Problem is my daughter graduates the next weekend and right after that we are heading upstate with the rig to Cedar Run. We'll be back for one day and then heading to the Johnstown, PA bike rally. Then back and I have to leave for San Diego for business for five days and the day I get back we are going to Twin Grove park campground for a lengthy 4th of July weekend. Gonna be a busy June... But I am still contemplating joining up in Bedford.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We are thinking about that truknutt. Problem is my daughter graduates the next weekend and right after that we are heading upstate with the rig to Cedar Run. We'll be back for one day and then heading to the Johnstown, PA bike rally. Then back and I have to leave for San Diego for business for five days and the day I get back we are going to Twin Grove park campground for a lengthy 4th of July weekend. Gonna be a busy June... But I am still contemplating joining up in Bedford.

Which bike Rally.....Thunder in the Valley??

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Been there several times. Live 20 miles from J/town. The wife and I would love to leave home over that week. We live a few miles from Flight 93 and the "Boss Hoss" V8 motorcycle facility is just down the road. So the bikes roll by the house 24 hrs a day for the entire week.

hlkoring

Hello :)
We are looking to go to full timers in the next 5 years. On line I was looking at the new floor plan on the BH3685RL that you noted you had just purchased. Are you full timers?
I am also really curious as to what truck model, size and engine you are using to tow with. As this will also be part of what we will need when we make this move.
Currently have a Cougar 5th wheel bunk house and a Dodge 2500 short bed/4door
So for anyone who reads this that has the "experience and knowledge" to pass on................ would love to hear from you.
Holly & Carl

We just recently went from a 297RKS cougar to a 3855Fl. I have a 2011 ram 3500 mega cab dually with the new high output diesel motor, auto trans and 4:10 rear end, and a 20K reese slider hitch. The cougar was pulled with a 11 2500 ram which seemed to struggled with the weight and was all over the road in a wind storm unlike the stability of the 3500. The new 3500 also has a CGVR of 30,000lbs and pulls the new unit like it was not even there.

tcfake613

Hello :)
We are looking to go to full timers in the next 5 years. On line I was looking at the new floor plan on the BH3685RL that you noted you had just purchased. Are you full timers?
I am also really curious as to what truck model, size and engine you are using to tow with. As this will also be part of what we will need when we make this move.
Currently have a Cougar 5th wheel bunk house and a Dodge 2500 short bed/4door
So for anyone who reads this that has the "experience and knowledge" to pass on................ would love to hear from you.
Holly & Carl

Sorry it took so long to reply to this... I must've missed your post. Anyway, we are not fulltimers, but we do go quite often. I currently pull with a 2006 Ford F-350 6L diesel. The truck is an extended cab long bed. I have absolutely no problems towing. It tows like a dream. I don't think you'd have a problem with a short bed... the Bighorns are made for that... but you may have a problem with a 2500 series Dodge. The pin weight is about 2400 lbs which may tax that Dodge somewhat. I would opt for a 3500 series or Ford F-350. Just my humble opinion.

By the way... so far we are extremely happy with the 3685RL!!!

stevebotts

We will be picking our new 3685RL up in about three weeks from RV Capital Wholesalers in Elkhart. Really excited to get it. Have a 3370 Big Horn now but since we are full timers for 5 years, decided to go a little larger. Glad to hear you like the unit. Would love to hear from other 3685 owners too.