Finally Sealed the Deal on 3055RL

donr827

After several days of negotiating we finally bought a new 3055RL. It has to be ordered from the factory to get it with the options that we wanted. Some of the options we ordered were 7,000 pound axles, G rated tires, 2nd a/c, dual pain windows, fire place, receiver hitch, heat pump for main a/c, power cord reel, and the dealer will install a Winegard Traveler sat dish. Now the wait begins.
Don

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Sounds nice. We began our Heartland ownership with an '07 3055. Have fun with it when it arrives.

jbeletti

Great choice Don and congrats! The 3055 is the very first Bighorn floor plan Heartland made and obviously, it's still selling strong.

Jim

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new rig! The wait will be well worth it. I remember that l o n g wait! It was half the fun of getting a new coach!

Best Wishes and Happy Camping!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations! Now is the hard part - waiting on your new "condo on wheels". Hope there will be plenty of show-n-tell time in the future.

MTPockets

Congrats ........... We ordered ours on September 16th after taking a factory tour in Indiana, and took delivery on the dealer lot in Florida on October 31st - That's a looooong time waiting but in the grand scheme of things, they turn these around pretty quick. I know you'll love it!

Westwind

Congratulations - stay busy maybe the wait will go by quickly, enjoy your new fifth wheel.
Enjoy many good trips.

tcfake613

OK Don... question for ya. Did you say receiver hitch??? Is this an option? Jim Beletti, can I order one for my 3685RL through the factory and have it installed locally? I was under the impression they weren't allowing receiver hitches on the Bighorns... only on the Landmarks.

MTPockets

Receiver Hitch - I ordered and received one for my 3055RL also. It's a 1 1/4" for my Bicycle rack. I was told it wasn't available, but when I insisted - (told the dealer it was a deal breaker) - since it was a factory order, Heartland agreed.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Congrats Don !!We brought our first and still have our 07 3055RL and still love it as much now as we did the day we got it!!

donr827

Appreciate all of the replies. As MT Pockets said the 1 1/4 received hitch is an option for items like bicycles. My bicycle carrier is a 2" so I will have to buy an adapter.
Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Congradulations on the new Horn. BTW, you did not state what brand "G" rated tires you are getting. Hope they are the GY G614's.

donr827

Was told today by Heartland customer service that our trailer will be ready to ship by March 1st or a few days sooner. Really looking forward to the new adventure. Will be taking our first trip starting the end of April and lasting till the end of May.
Don

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
How exciting for you all!! A word of advice: when you do your "walkthrough" take a pad of paper and just yourselves....take your time, note anything you may have a question about...take your time, look everywhere/even sit on the floor and check things out....take your time, look through the manual/paperwork they give you (familarize yourself/don't spend a lot of time on the manual)...take your time. We did and we're glad we did, our dealership(Windish-Longmont) was excellent...answering all our questions we had written down (and then some) and taking care of the concerns we had. Admittedly, we still had quite a bit of a learning curve to tackle but we were happy we took our time in going through the 3670RL. Welcome:)

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
On your inspection, if it has a switch, valve, or lever, turn it on and be sure it does what it says it will. Push it, open it, close it, raise it, because there is something that will not work. Mr murphy and his family work at most all the plants in the usa, he forgot to do one little thing to your rv. Your job is to find it now and not 3 months later at 3 am on a cold night in dec. Or hot night in july. Have fun.

donr827

I have a 10 page PDI to make sure everything is correct. I am sure that it will take quite awhile for me to make sure everything fits and works correctly. Might still be at Lazydays when the Florida Rally begins.
Don

jbeletti

Don,

How about having a pad of small stickies and if you come across a switch not labeled, write the function on the sticky and place it on/near the switch. Then you can label it as you like, or ask the dealer to do so.

If your camping partner can handle a camcorder, consider having them videotape the entire PDI, especially capturing anytime the tech is talking and any question you are asking.

Jim

soilmovers

We have an '08 3055 that has been a great unit. This Bighorn has been on job sites for 4 years and lived in (almost) full time. And now, we have another Bighorn because it's a quality unit and we appreciate the great customer service all these years.