2013 Goshen, IN - Heartland Gives Back (Babies Wrapped in Love)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimtoo

Re: 2013 "Heartland Give Back" (Goshen) - Babies Wrapped in Love

Well I struck it rich,,, kinda,, well for the babies anyway. We went to visit with my sister and BIL for a while Sunday... long trip 15 miles. When we started to leave she said, "Wait,, here take these with you.",,, she handed me a large bag... I opened the bag and it contained 8 crocheted baby blankets. So I will be bringing them to the rally. She sent,, I think 5 or 6 last time also.

Jim M

VKTalley

YAY, Jimtoo!! That is an awesome gift coming from your sister! I am just about done with two more blankets. I have a tote in our rig's basement almost full of blankets. Can't wait for Goshen!!!

dieselsweetheart

Hi Jim...I do remember your sister donating a lot of blankets last time!! Be sure to thank her for me!! Sounds like we are doing well....I am crocheting my little fingers off...

jimtoo

I was thinking about saying I did them myself,,, but,,someone would want to know what stitch or what thread,,, then I would look like a dummie cause I would have not idea... soooo,,, I just hug my sister and thank her and she gets full credit.

Jim M

dieselsweetheart

I just spoke to Mary Ann (who is the director of the agency that takes our blankets) and the blankets from 2011 were very much appreciated and were distributed to those in need through a few different community services..she will fill us in at our luncheon on the 21st. Don't forget we will have a luncheon to show off our donations and Mary Ann will be there to accept them and answer questions.

Hopefully the donations are piling up on your dining room tables!!! Thank you!!!!

jimtoo

HI folks,

We will not be attending the Goshen rally due to the fact that Bette was involved in an accident on Mother's day returning home from church. She is bruised and shook up,,chest pains, due to seat belt. The air bags saved her from serious injury. She will be OK,, just takes time for the soreness to go away.. The insurance is moving very slow also, but will most likely be OK.

NOW.. I have 8 knitted baby blankets that my sister made for me to take to Goshen... anyone from South Texas going to Goshen that we can meet to see that the blankets get to Goshen?

Give me a PM or answer here.. or a loud holler.

Jim M

Now to edit... I have made arrangements with Kevin and Nelly to transport the blankets for us. Kevin and Nelly will be leaving their gate guard job Tuesday (5-28) and we will drive 60 miles or so to meet them and turn the delivery job over to them.

Just want to make sure my sister,
Joan Rankin, of Beeville, Texas, gets credit for all the work and thread involved.

Jim M

Last edited:

dieselsweetheart

Absolutely Jim and so sorry to hear about Bette's accident! Lucky it wasn't worse!! Tell her I am sending healing thoughts! thanks for getting the blankets to Kevin and Nelly and I will be in touch with them to secure the tags with your sister's name on them!! Not to worry!! Thanks again for everything and we will be sure to post baby blanket photos!!!!

dieselsweetheart

Ladies (and gents), how is everyone doing? The magic countdown number is 15 for the lunch and baby blanket ceremony~ I have no clue how many blankets, etc we have "out there" but I hope it's a bunch~! Can we beat our record of 189 from 2011?

See you all soon~

dalspot

I'm working on #4 today.

Karen

neilandnanci

Cheryl, I have 11 blankets. 3 are store bought. I was hoping for a few more but then found out we are having another great grandbaby and got excited about that and started working on stuff for her. It will be fun to see all the blankets from everyone. Can't wait.

Nanci

dieselsweetheart

Thanks Karen and Nanci! I am working on #3 myself. Gonna be a fun time!

VKTalley

Cheryl, I have about 15 blankets (I think). About half of them made by me and the rest I bought at thrift stores while we've been traveling. Looking forward to seeing all the different blankets and other items!

dieselsweetheart

Today is the day!!!! Today at 11am we are gathering in the History Room and bring our donations for the Babies Wrapped in Love program... I am so excited to see everyone! Don't forget I will have tags you can sign and put on your item. I will also have a count of how many pieces we are giving. Mary Ann Leinhart-Cross will be there to accept our donations and tell us how the blankets were distributed in 2011 and where she anticipates the needs are this year. There will be a light lunch from Subway for my donors. See you all in the History room at 11 am! And THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and God Bless you all from the bottom of my heart. Heartlanders are truly a special group of "giving back" people!

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
I have to say. This was one of the most heartwarming experiences I have been a part of. Thanx Cheryl for all you do. You could just feel the love in that room.

neilandnanci

Cheryl, Thank you for such a great event. I feel so honored to have been a part of it. Already thinking of new things to make for the 2014 rally in VA.

VKTalley

Hey, Cheryl, I realized something after we finished up with the blankets....we did not have an accurate count as some ladies dropped off their blankets, left, and did not sign the white sheet of paper. Also, I will try to see you at dinner tonight (Saturday) and give you the Tote Bag papers.

dieselsweetheart

Thanks everyone for your kind words. We will surely be making an impact on someone in need with those lovely blankets and other assorted items that were donated with love!

I am going to ask JB to officially close out this thread. I have started a BWIL thread and we can post off of that. I will then make a new thread for BWIL for VA at the beginning of 2014. In the meantime, I'm going out to buy some more yarn and get started!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.