Sliding closet door catch

guitarpicr

Anybody had to replace their sliding closet door catchs in the bedroom- Just over a year & the one broke & the other one is about to crack off. Anyone found a well made replacement( not the plastic junk that comes stock). Thanks, Bill

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have replaced mine. been OK for over a year now. Used the OEM part.

Peace
Dave

Swanny59

I am having the same problem with my Sundance. During PDI had to have them replaced. Now after 2 weeks of use and less than 45 days of owning it the replacement has broken. Materials being used aren't the best.

GOTTOYS

They do break easily. Unfortunately there is no better replacement available. There is a one piece nylon type but the edges on them are so sharp you can cut yourself on them. If you watch the latch and only apply enough pressure to open or close them without pulling too hard they will hold up well. You MUST hold them slightly open when closing also. I only latch my closet doors when traveling and just leave them in unlatched when we are parked. I've replaced a couple of them also...Don

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One thing I would like to add. If you replace the latches with the OEM style, be sure to check the allignment of the door to latch. If it is off that may cause undo stress on the latch and contribute to the breakage.
You may have to reposition the latch.

Peace
Dave

guitarpicr

Thanks for all the reply's. Cookie - That sounds like a good alternative to the problem - Happy Camping !!

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I too have replace mine with velcro strips and it is a much better wway to go than the latches.

After I cut my arm on the plastic ones we had (for the second time) the latches came off and went in the trash.
The only time you need to latch is traveling so we slide both doors to one side and place a bungee cord
around them hooked to a screw eye on inside of closet. DW put this task on her check list.
It gets done every time.:)