New to RVing

Harry

New to RVing and this web site. Discovered this through our local Bighorn dealer and I think I have just struck gold! Bought an older 5th wheel in 2011 to test the waters and have had many challenges to face. All the unknowns!! This forum has already answered many of my questions. Purchased a 2012 F250 King Ranch 6.7 Diesel as a tow vehicle and now looking for a new unit to tow. I do know it will be a Heartland product but not sure which one yet. Hopefully I can lean on some of the forum members to assist me?

jimtoo

Hi Harry,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I am happy that the forum has already answered some of your questions and the Heartland family is here to help any way we can.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Welcome! sounds like your dealer is on the ball, but it would help knowing your needs like a toy's to haul, dry camping, luxury, ect. There will be no shortage of opinions here. Good luck.

Sandie

Welcome Harry...we are fairly new to this forum and everyone has been so helpful and nice with my questions. We purchased an Elkridge 34RLSA and are leaving tomorrow on our maiden voyage. Have fun looking for the best Heartland that will fit your family's needs...

ncc1701e

New to RVing and this web site. Discovered this through our local Bighorn dealer and I think I have just struck gold! Bought an older 5th wheel in 2011 to test the waters and have had many challenges to face. All the unknowns!! This forum has already answered many of my questions. Purchased a 2012 F250 King Ranch 6.7 Diesel as a tow vehicle and now looking for a new unit to tow. I do know it will be a Heartland product but not sure which one yet. Hopefully I can lean on some of the forum members to assist me?

I'm sure which trailer you choose will be great. Forsure, the truck is a great choice (LOL).

wpd3004

Hello,

My wife are so new to rving that we don't even have our TT yet. We just ordered a NT 21fbs and should get it in early march. I have read many posts in this forum and have learned a lot. We know we have much more to learn. Thanks for being here.

Manzan

wpd3004, we took delivery March 1st last year of our NT 21FBS. Pulled it just over 5,000 miles and enjoyed it all. Much better than our old TT, pulls like a dream. I am sure you will enjoy it and there is a host of RVers who can answer just about any question and Heartland service is the best. Hope your dealer is equal.

jimtoo

Hello,

My wife are so new to rving that we don't even have our TT yet. We just ordered a NT 21fbs and should get it in early march. I have read many posts in this forum and have learned a lot. We know we have much more to learn. Thanks for being here.

Hi qpd3004,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will have many questions, but the Heartland family is here to help. When you go for delivery or PDI, be sure and do a very good inspection, making notes, taking pictures or what ever you need to do to make sure every thing works and you can work everything,,, from water in the sink,, television,, flushing the commode, to draining the tanks. Put water in everything and test everything. Get every thing you find wrong repaired before you leave dealer if at all possible... if not.,,, have dealer put it in writing, the problem and will be fixed at no charge to you.

Keep us informed as to your progress,,, cause the waiting will be painful. :)

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

mikeandconnie

Welcome Harry,
You will find some wonderful people in the Heartland Owner Group and Rallies. Like you, we were new to RVing 3 years ago when I first purchased our first 5er. My DW Connie was not as excited as I was in the beginning. However, the tide has changed..... Connie! ordered our second Landmark last week and it was all her idea. She and I both have really fell in love with RVing, travelling and meeting wonderful people along the way.

It's lots of fun to watch her wait for her new toy.

Enjoy the forum and RVing.
Mike

jbeletti

Harry,

If it's a Heartland product you're interested in, then you've come to the right place. There are over 14,000 members in this community and a good many of them are Heartland owners. Tell us what some of your needs are and the community will help guide you to the Heartland brand and floor plan that fits :)

Best of luck and we look forward to you joining the Heartland family when the time is right for you.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Now that right there's funny, I don't care who ya'r...
But seriously, Harry. Welcome to the Heartland Forum. We've been Heartland owners for 5-1/2 years. I'm sure you'll find the right rig to fit your family's needs. Try getting to a big RV show so you can view many floor plans to help you make a choice. Good Luck.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hello,

wpd3004, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. We spend our summers in Wisc Rapids. Consider joining our Heartland Chapter or even attending the Rally in the Dells this year. There's also Campfest in September in Manitowoc. We have a separate area for Heartland Owners. Check the "Events" area of the forum. Where did you purchase your North Trail?

wpd3004

Jim M.

Thank you for the advise. The dealer I chose was Destination RV in Neenah, WI. They are relatively a new dealer so I hope we can give them positive feed back in the near future. The information you provided is great. I hope my wife will come with so we can spend a lot of time going over it together making sure all the water works is great. (she is much better at asking questions than I am. We are in no hurry to pick up (yet) because of the winter months so if there are any problems they can work on them.

wpd3004

wpd3004, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. We spend our summers in Wisc Rapids. Consider joining our Heartland Chapter or even attending the Rally in the Dells this year. There's also Campfest in September in Manitowoc. We have a separate area for Heartland Owners. Check the "Events" area of the forum. Where did you purchase your North Trail?

Ray,

Thank you for the invite. I will be looking into the Rally in the Dells. We bought our TT at Destinations RV in Neenah, WI. My only one concern on purchasing my TT was that the nearest dealer is a an hour drive or more from my home. I will follow Jim's advise and make sure everything is working well before we take possession of the TT. Have you dealt with Rapids RV at all?

debron9111

If you just ordered your second Landmark that says a ton! We started our early retirement in October full-timing until May 1st in our brand new 2012 Flagstaff TT 831FKBSS. After five years of research we decided our knees would do better with less steps hence our decision on a TT not a 5V'er. WE love the floorplan of our unit and it really has served us well considering our need for lots of closet hanging space ( we cruise several times while we are traveling and camping). BUT we attended the Houston RV show this week and we fell in love with the Landmark Key Largo model. We are considering selling our home, trading in our Flagstaff & SUV, purchasing the Landmark, used one ton truck and full-timing without the responsibilities of home-ownership.
Could you share what you love about your Landmark and the differences (other than the obvious) between other brands? We are so impressed with the options that Landmark offers and the gorgeous interiors for a price that seems unbelievable. Congrats on your new baby.

Ron & Debbie
Sanford Lake, MI

Bernie55

Started camping in the 60s, now retired and spending winters in Fla.. Bought our 3300sk Sundance in 2009, and love it.. Hope you enjoy camping as much as Karen and i do...So many nice people we have met over the years...