Bike Rack - Greystone 5th wheel

8paws

Can you add a bike rack, that can accomodate 2 regular size bikes to the 32' Greystone fifth wheel, year 2011? We have seen a bike rack that can be attached to the ladder, which will hold two bikes and we have seen where a receiver hitches is installed to accomodate a bike rack? However, we don't know if either could be an option for the 32' Greystone. Does anyone have any other ideas or would either of the two listed, be an option?

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
WE put bike racks on the bumpers of 2011 29re and 32rl with no problems.

tom

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Our friends 2011 greystone 29re he made a two bike rack for that connects to the sewer hose holding bumper. It holds two bikes. Migh be able to get pictures in a week or so if you need of theirs. Mine mounts in same place but different design

tom

schelby

I manufactured and installed a hitch that utilizes a 2" receiver on our 2011 Greystone 32RL. This design enables me to use my existing 4 bike rack from my previous fifth wheel.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here is ours, a Swagman. (Bought from Amazon). Mounts to square bumper. Seems very secure. I followed DH home from our latest trip and no twisting or movement that worried me. (Remember, bikes weigh less than 25lbs apiece).

Erika

IMG_3753.jpg

CliffP

My father in law has a ladder mount bike rack on his RV. It seems to put a lot of stress on the ladder and the bikes hang over the side. I personally would not use one on our ladder. Our RV has a pull out bumper with a built in rack that we use. We have a Thule rack that slides into a 2" receiver on our vehicles that works great if it had to be removed but the bumper mounted racks (like Erica's) look solid. If ours wasn't already set up that's the way we would go. Good luck!
Cliff and Mindy

Duramax1

I installed a Swagman Travelor XC 2 before our current trip and it has worked very well. It is designed to fit only 2" receivers and is very sturdy as a result. Easy to move from the back of the trailer to the back of the truck.

I particularly like the design as the weight of the bike is supported by the bike tires on the bike rack rather than having the bike hanging from the cross bar.

theroes

What to you think of this bike rack? Its the Flip down Bike rack that is
offered on the Sabre 34TBOK 5th wheel? I contacted lippert and recived the specs and a price. PT#243621 COST $197.82
What do you think, they say it would void the warrenty if installed. View attachment 243621.pdf

danemayer

What do you think, they say it would void the warrenty if installed.

Warranty on the frame is fulfilled by Lippert. What they're telling you is that if you install this and later discover a frame problem, you're on your own. Now it's not very likely that your bike rack would damage the frame. But let's say you had some unrelated manufacturing defect in the frame. They won't cover it. They won't listen to your argument that you never even put bikes on it. They won't cover you. Heartland will tell you that warranty on the frame comes from Lippert.

Lippert is a bit squirrely about attaching stuff to the frame because they don't have any way to keep you from overloading the rack. You're probably thinking of 80# of bikes. They're imagining you towing a car with the front end sitting on that rack.

caissiel

Been using this setup for 14 years on the rear of my 5th wheels.
The pic shows my setup on the rear of our BC. The 2 in receiveris a complete bolt on unit I place on the rear from day one.

It never moves and 4 bungy cords holds the bikes in place while using bike locks.

Attachments

• Bike%20Held%20With%20Bungiies.jpg
    Bike%20Held%20With%20Bungiies.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 218
  • Hitch%20Detail%20View.jpg
    Hitch%20Detail%20View.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Bikes%20on%20Rack.jpg
    Bikes%20on%20Rack.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 204