Do these really cost that much............

bobsue2

Stopped by RV dealer to order a replacement pin for my trailer...opens the catalogue and shows me this...

2wlr18m.jpg

Attachments

• 2wlr18m.jpg
    2wlr18m.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 41

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Never priced them before but I guess they do!

PPL - $53

Barkers - $75

I would give Heartland Customer Service a call and see what they can do!

merlinb

Retired
Do a Google search for "5th wheel landing gear pins". You will find several prices lower than that. ebid.net, amazon.com, etc.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Never priced them before but I guess they do!

I would give Heartland Customer Service a call and see what they can do!

Don't forget! If you're a Heartland Owners Club Member you get a 10% discount...any little bit helps!

olcoon

Wow! This makes me really glad I got some last year when we had some work done at Lippert after the Goshen Rally. The tech saw mine, which the dealer had torqued down & bent, and they had just put some level ups on a rig & gave me the ones that came off it for free.

Westwind

I torgued mine the afternoon before we left for Florida 2 weeks ago and when I took them off I noticed "China" stamped on them, I had to straighten one of them out on my vise. I can see them being replaced soon, hopefully for something with a better finish and quality to them. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread.

stevebotts

Thanks to this forum. Just bought two on ebay for less than $20.00. Have been using a bolt for the last 3 months since we thought Camping World price of more than $50.00 was way to high. We were RIGHT!!

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Just to throw a little wrench in here. There are different size pin diameters with different weight ratings on them. Make sure you get the right ones. And the "space-age" composite ones are a piece of horse poo. LOL