Question on RW 30C - waste tank cleaner

All,

I have a 2012 Road Warrior 30C. In the past, I always cleaned the tank by draining it at the campground, then filling the tanks with water and letting them slosh around, and emptying it again at another stop down the road.

Since my Road Warrior has the built-in connection I went to a campground last fall and tried to hook up the tank cleaner to a hose fitting, but realized that the female input fitting on my camper is smaller than a standard hose hook-up.

Question is, why is it not a standard size hose hookup, and will I harm anything if I just get an adapter or put a full-size hose hookup on it?

Any insight would be great.... thanks for the help!

Jon

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jon, thats kinda strange. Mine is a normal hose size/fitting. The fitting would easy to change to a standard size or just find an adapter. Might want to contact HL and your dealer about this.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I'm sure someone here has the correct answer fo your issue. A PHOTO of this connection will help.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Jon, thats kinda strange. Mine is a normal hose size/fitting. The fitting would easy to change to a standard size or just find an adapter. Might want to contact HL and your dealer about this.

Same here. The original plastic flush fitting was the same size as the city water inlet. When it broke, I replaced it with a brass city water fitting, complete with check valve

frumbawa

Could it be possible you're attempting to hook your hose up to the winterizing tube? The hose connection for your tank sprayer looks just like the city water inlet.

Hi guys,
Unfortunately I can't get a picture of the hookup because I've got the camper stored in my parents' shed 100 miles from here. But I questioned it too, and I'm certain I was looking at the sewer tank hookup, not the winterizing. I don't think mine has an inlet for the winterizing, and the labeling inside that little door where everything hooks up I was thinking made it pretty clear it's for sewer tank cleanout.

It's possible I'm confused, though. Would anyone be here from Road Warrior that would know specifically? This is a 2012 Road Warrior 30C.

I appreciate all the help!
Jon

sJv

I have your trailer's sibling - the Cyclone 300C. If it's a late model 2012 like mine, you'll have an andersen valve setup. This means you have one fresh water inlet that accepts a hose (like a normal city water inlet), and a 4 position valve that directs the fresh water:

city water,
tank fill,
normal mode (pump from fresh tank),
winterizing (use pump to suck antifreeze from inlet hose).

My 300C also has a black tank flush inlet that accepts a regular hose. I"m curious what your setup looks like!

-steve